Facelifted 'Roc available to order 08-07-2014

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
candyrocker
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunroof.Mirrors,Parking sensors.Leather,DSG

Facelifted 'Roc available to order 08-07-2014

Post by candyrocker »

Just had a call from my dealer.. (No , not that dealer) , and he reckons the order book for ordering the new facelifted 'Roc opens Tuesday the 8th of July 2014.. And that should be at ALL the stealers in the U.K.. Dunno about elsewhere/worldwide.. Prices should be on the website soon too folks..

Oh, and the bad news.. Word is that we're looking at a four/five month wait for delivery..
Check out my Roc`s picture gallery:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=16326
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Facelifted 'Roc available to order 08-07-2014

Post by nevarran »

5 months? Wow, that seems a lot.
Are you buying, btw? Or your dealer is just trying to hook you up (like that other dealer :P)?
candyrocker
Options: Sunroof.Mirrors,Parking sensors.Leather,DSG

Post by candyrocker »

Hiehe.. Dunno if I'm buying just yet.. I very much doubt it with that wait time ! & I'd Want to see one "in the flesh" first.. Especially as I would be swapping my R for the new R..
Check out my Roc`s picture gallery:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=16326
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

It's on the configurator now. Lots more standard kit on the GT for about the same price BUT they get their own back by now making DCC an £810 option rather than being standard as previously. I assume that without it the suspension is set to "Normal" which is ok but I would definitely miss the Comfort setting so I'd have to spec it.

Hmmm, I'm at the stealers next month for a service so I might have an exploratory chat and ballpark some numbers. The long wait doesn't bother me at all since, being an old git, time just flies!
Bill in Norfants
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Billc wrote:It's on the configurator now. Lots more standard kit on the GT for about the same price BUT they get their own back by now making DCC an £810 option rather than being standard as previously. I assume that without it the suspension is set to "Normal" which is ok but I would definitely miss the Comfort setting so I'd have to spec it.

Hmmm, I'm at the stealers next month for a service so I might have an exploratory chat and ballpark some numbers. The long wait doesn't bother me at all since, being an old git, time just flies!
Tbh I have tried all 3 settings and its certainly not something id be prepared to pay £800 for. I like the feel of sport mode but its still not worth an extra £800
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
RocPaperScissors
In: Night Blue
Options: Facelift GT 184
Titan Black Alcantara/Cloth Upholstry
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

Post by RocPaperScissors »

They've also replaced the leather seats with cloth centres and alcantara side bolsters on the GT. Leather is £1825 as an option. R is the only model with DCC as standard.

Front parking sensors as standard, new engines, mk 7 steering wheel, gauges and the new exterior design seem to be the only 'improvements'.
davids
In: Pure White
Options: folding mirrors, xenons, Dynaudio, rear view camera, Carnet, park assist

Post by davids »

No 7 speed DSG on any of the models? Strange
SMB
In: Deep Black
Options: RNS510, Parking, Panoramic Roof, Deep Black, Heated Seats, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Dynaudio, 19", Colour display, Electric folding Mirrors, cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by SMB »

RocPaperScissors wrote:They've also replaced the leather seats with cloth centres and alcantara side bolsters on the GT. Leather is £1825 as an option. R is the only model with DCC as standard.

Front parking sensors as standard, new engines, mk 7 steering wheel, gauges and the new exterior design seem to be the only 'improvements'.
Allowing for spec changes of new std and the now removed equipment of this vs the old model, the price is basically the same as the old model. Looks like the GT lost its DCC and run out model leather spec, and added parking sensors to all. The old talladega R wheels now seem to be r line std aswell ( at least according to the VW website)
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has disclosed pricing details for the UK-spec Scirocco facelift which will reach customers starting October.

Several months ago Volkswagen introduced a facelift for the Scirocco and now the coupe has reached UK market where it's available on order from 20,445 GBP if you go for the base model equipped with a 125 PS 1.4 TSI engine. As standard you get LED taillights while for more money the vehicle can be configured with bi-xenon headlights featuring LED daytime running lights.

Those who consider the 1.4 TSI a bit sluggish, Volkswagen is also offering a 2.0 TSI with 180 PS from 22,495 GBP as well as a two 2.0 TDIs with 150 PS (from 23,175 GBP) and 184 PS (from 26,025 GBP).

The cream of the crop is without any doubt a 280 PS 2.0 TSI inside the Scirocco R pictured here which costs 32,295 GBP when equipped with the 6-speed manual and 33,795 GBP with the optional 6-speed DSG. The R also gets unique 19-inch Cadiz rims, R sport seats, DCC dynamic chassis control, 10mm lowered sports suspension as well as a color multi-function computer.

Source: Volkswagen
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I think they've fecked up the pricing of the R when you can have the base Golf R for just under £30k, before discount. Even more so if it is actually the EA113 and not the EA888.
SMB
Options: RNS510, Parking, Panoramic Roof, Deep Black, Heated Seats, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Dynaudio, 19", Colour display, Electric folding Mirrors, cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by SMB »

The logic was probably
Take golf r
Add leather cost 1800
Add dcc cost 810
Add 19" wheels 800?
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I can see that but it does look like like VW learned nothing from the pricing they had on the Golf 6R / 6R cab. It wouldn't be so bad if it was fitted wirh the EA888 but if what everyone else tells me on here is true it still has the EA113. Even the new Leon and Octavia get the EA888 plus the Leon is pretty well specced and costs £28k before discount. Also with the Golf, Leon and Octavia you get the MQB.platform.

At least it will be a rare car:-)
SMB

Post by SMB »

The mk5 platform was very well regarded in its time, it may be 10 years old but works well still. in r form was one of the best for many magazines. Mpb may add something and the ea888 has some more horses and potential but real life mpg isn't vastly better than the ea113. The r sold just 700 cars over 3.5 years in mk1 form, I would be surprised if you saw half that but it will a profitable car for vw as the cost of the changes is really minimal, and people will still buy it.
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Billc wrote:It's on the configurator now. Lots more standard kit on the GT for about the same price BUT they get their own back by now making DCC an £810 option rather than being standard as previously. I assume that without it the suspension is set to "Normal" which is ok but I would definitely miss the Comfort setting so I'd have to spec it.

The suspension will not be set to 'Normal'. The DCC even in 'Normal' takes readings from a range of sensors and adapts the ride firmness. You only get the non-DCC setting if the DCC is switched off or has a fault. Definitely worth taking a test drive in a non-DCC before making the decision. Nearly got caught out with this when buying a golf - the difference in ride between Normal DCC and non-DCC was quite large.
RocPaperScissors
In: Night Blue
Options: Facelift GT 184
Titan Black Alcantara/Cloth Upholstry
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

Post by RocPaperScissors »

The previous price of the GT 177 was £26790 (according to the Internet archive). The new GT 184 is £26025, so add on the £810 for the DCC and you're almost there. It's just a shame about the leather seats being replaced with the cloth/alcantara without bum warmers. Seems a little backwards to me and definitely not worth the £1825 to upgrade.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

I agree with Cuprabob honestly VW have messed up with the new R pricing wise emissions at 185g/km are very poor and expensive for "fleet/business" users yet the performance just isn't there vs a Leon Cupra.

You can basically have new Golf R on PCP for £100 a month less over 3yrs / 30,000 miles, match the spec and Golf is same cost per month however the Scirocco has £1,500 off as deposit contribution that the Golf doesn't.

Buy with cash? the depreciated value is predicted to be 2k less than a base Golf R.

The old R had really good reviews yet didn't shift in big numbers, the first drive reviews of the new one are all universally poor highlighting the Leon, Golf, BMW (235i) as being better. I can see this being a Golf R cab type of car that exists on the price list but doesn't really sell to actual customers.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I noticed that this weeks Autocar magazine has a brief roadtest of the Facelifted Scirocco R, I did not read it properly but there are the inevitable comparisons to the Golf R. As has been mentioned already, the pricing of it seems a bit strange in comparison with the Golf.
Billc
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

salsajoe wrote:The suspension will not be set to 'Normal'. The DCC even in 'Normal' takes readings from a range of sensors and adapts the ride firmness. You only get the non-DCC setting if the DCC is switched off or has a fault. Definitely worth taking a test drive in a non-DCC before making the decision. Nearly got caught out with this when buying a golf - the difference in ride between Normal DCC and non-DCC was quite large.
In what way? Firmer? Softer? Or just "strange"?! I've got very used to having DCC and love it but at £810 it's significant consideration but don't want to have to wait months to try out a non-DCC (and 10p says all the demonstrators will have DCC fitted anyway).
Bill in Norfants