Facelifted Scirocco Official Pictures And Details

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Facelifted Scirocco Official Pictures And Details

Post by silver130 »

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/vw-scir ... ed/1281046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
Ozmosis
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: RNS 510 Sat-Nav

Re: Facelifted Scirocco Official Pictures And Details

Post by Ozmosis »

Also here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen ... t-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Interesting: twincharged 1.4 no longer available, nor the 7 speed dry box. Have I read this correctly?

What's going on with those boyracer dials on the dashboard? Would look great on an early 80s car...
char
In: Deep Black

Post by char »

Bit disappointing, its gone from nice and curvy to more boxy like an estate car :s maybe it looks better in the flesh??
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Have to agree: prefer the rounded headlights and the rounded fat arse look of the current model.
Last edited by moulin12 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Some bigger pics of the details.
There's a much harder edge to the bustle on the boot which I'm not sure fits with the smoother lines elsewhere. The dash graphics look largely the same, MFD looks unchanged. The centre vents are now squarer.

Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

I am encouraged by this update as I can see no reason for anyone with the current model wanting to change unless they are due for a change anyway. I assume this update will have to last at least 2 years before we see a model based on the latest Audi/VW floorpan.
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

looks like i'm ordering that asap. I need to make a move and I guess if it comes out in August I could wait that long.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

I like it. Especially the interior
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

I like it, except for the dash-top gauges, as they havent changed it too drastically, overall....but, for the same reason, I'm glad that I didn't wait for the facelift.

I can likely see me keeping the GTS for a few years and then getting the R.
Luke.08
In: Oryx White
Options: Pano roof. Winter pack. RNS510 with dab radio. Dynaudio. cruise control. Bi-Xenon headlights. Folding mirrors. Colour MFD, Recaro seats

Post by Luke.08 »

are they front parking sensors i spy. finally
Jason81
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: - Rear Parking Sensors
- Parrot Bluetooth
- LED Sidelights

Post by Jason81 »

Good find! Thanks for finding this, I like it, front & rear lights have changed slightly, and more interesting is that they've added front parking sensors and rear opening via the VW badge, very practical and much needed in my opinion. Also good reading that the engines are more fuel efficient and returning more mpg across the diesel variants. Very tempting, and a nice update :)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Tallguy wrote:I am encouraged by this update as I can see no reason for anyone with the current model wanting to change unless they are due for a change anyway. I assume this update will have to last at least 2 years before we see a model based on the latest Audi/VW floorpan.
Yes - I assume you mean the MQB platform? All new model should be around 2017 so expect this facelift to last at least 3 years.
Mishaw
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Dark Oak
Options: Aluminium pedals, Osram Nightbreaker Plus, 19" Lugano with Nokian zLine, Stage1 215BHP/290NM, black interior, VAG-COM mods, R-line front bumper, R-line rear lights, RCD510, Automatic climatronic, KW suspension -20mm, TTS intercooler.
Looking forward: KW Street Comfort coilover.

Post by Mishaw »

I have to say, our current version looks much more better. Only new LED daily lights and LED taillights worth it.
My opinion is clear, 3 door Golf R.
VW Scirocco CZ/SK founder....Join us on Facebook.
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Too little too late I'm afraid
3dr golf R for me
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Mikko
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Cruise control, Climatronic, RCD-510, media-in, VW soundsystem, reversing camera, bluetooth, sport pack, mirror pack, winter pack, Savannah 19" / Interlagos 18"

Post by Mikko »

The new base model is just plain ugly. Looks like some hideous aftermarket Golf mk7 body kit had been installed on an old Scirocco. The only thing that gets me slightly excited are those headlights. The front of R is better, but looks too much like the long lost, not so good looking cousin of Golf R. They just did the same thing they did with the CC, added some angular shapes on top of the original organic design and ruined the looks of the car, completely. And whats with those embarrassing boy-racer vents in the rear bumper?

I'm not getting the current design principles of VW, they seem only be able to produce ugly cars IMHO. Their designs have always been conservative and a little unexciting, but now the whole fleet is just ugly.
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

I must be honest im dissapointed too - i love all the curves in mine and this looks awful. I assume i will be going down the golf route next :(
Phil
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

Why are we having to wait until 2017 for a MQB based Scirocco when Audi are bringing out a new MQB based TT at the end of this year?
kentech

Post by kentech »

Official press release: http://media.vw.com/release/687/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree with many of the disappointed comments. If I replace my current one it will be with a late pre-facelift model for sure.
Jam_Roc
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Jam_Roc »

I find they have made this a bit more boxy and towards the style of the new golf, which is a nice car, but not what I would want from a Scirocco. I would however replace me headlights and taillights for the new LEDs