Scirocco facelift spied in the US

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Re: Scirocco facelift spied in the US

Post by Kev »

nevarran wrote:The autoexpress article says their photo is the final thing. And it looks different than that ebay bumper several posts above.
It's just a photoshop of an original press picture. It's a pretty safe guess to assume they'll put the new Golf lights on the scirocco to maintain the family look. Quick and cheap refreshment before a whole new model.

Autoexpress

Original

nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

Yes, it's a retouched image, but from the article I was left with the impression that they're pretty confident that is how the car would look like.
Tho' I agree with Nospheratu, the car in the spyshots had honeycomb grill.
Ah, anyway, it's almost March, we'll see the real thing soon.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

If Autoexpress said it was night time I'd still go outside to check that's how accurate they are
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
skippy
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

wigit wrote:If Autoexpress said it was night time I'd still go outside to check that's how accurate they are
Yes - I am not keen on that magazine (have not bought it for years). I don't like the journalism style either, constant referral to 'the blue oval' for Ford for example. Anyway - off topic! :)
JonC
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather, Sat-nav, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator,

Post by JonC »

Official photos (and info on the new R) here:- http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/genev ... o-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

JonC wrote:Official photos (and info on the new R) here:- http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/genev ... o-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
omg what have they done :eyepop:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Ozmosis
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: RNS 510 Sat-Nav

Post by Ozmosis »

Yup I looked at the Autocar pics, and to confirm I looked here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen ... t-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well in my opionon, what they have done is exactly what I expected. Updated lights, made the bumpers look like Golf GTI's, new steering wheel and a couple of buttons. The rear lights look a bit better, but absolutely nothing that makes me want to trade mine in the the fresher model!

Nice work VW lol
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Yeah I agree. They've basically done the cheapest and simplest update they could which is lights and bumpers to bring it in line with the rest of the VW range.

Doesn't look too bad.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I agree doesn't look to bad. Wouldnt make me want to rush out and buy one. I like the new steering wheel and dashboard . Although I dont like the rear vents on the r rear bumper.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

So the R will still be in production then?
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Back in production with a 'new' engine that meets euro emissions.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Still not the power that the new s3 and golf r produces though
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Still not the power that the new s3 and golf r produces though
But no one expected it to have 296bhp. VW always keep the FWD power lower than the 4WD cars plus Golf R is their flagship model.
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

No but I'd have thought with the s3 and golf jumping to 296 so would the roc r.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:No but I'd have thought with the s3 and golf jumping to 296 so would the roc r.
But those are both 4WD.

Even the last Rocco R had slightly less power than the MK6 R.

It's a marketing decision to have the Golf R as the flagship.
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I know they are both 4wd. Just saying I was expecting the power to be the same.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - I am with you guys, looks ok but would not rush to buy one. Not too keen on the dash mounted dials (Focus ST style), makes it look a little 'fussy'.

Would have to see one in the flesh, one of the images made it look a little high at the back which did not do it any favours.

I will go and view one later this year to satisfy curiosity but I don't think I will be in any hurry to replace.
Nospheratu
Options: | Dynaudio | Panoramic Sunroof |

Post by Nospheratu »

I think they killed the clean lines of the R :cry:

Those rear vents especially, it looks as if they are stuck on. Initially I thought they would look good but they're just wrong. And what's up with those dials on top of the dash??? On the standard roc no less. The boost gauge would be nice to have in the intrument cluster or even as a reading on the MFD but those three dials just cheapen the look on the car imho.

And the "fold" on the boot also destroys the flowing lines of the car. I can understand they were trying to bring the roc into their new angular design language but this car wasn't designed with angles in mind. One look at the side view tells you the whole story... now the back and front stick out like sore thumbs. Hopfully real photographs show it in better light as these press photos are always enhanced beyond reality.

The things I do like are proper surrounds for the speedometer and rev meter and the new MFD. I also like the new boot handle. The steering wheel looks good and that it seems like the Recaros are still available.

Now to decide whether I should go for the old spec while I still can. I'd like the new engine but I could sort the power difference with a map.

To just show how sad the new R version looks compared to the original...

ImageImage
kentech

Post by kentech »

Nospheratu wrote:I think they killed the clean lines of the R :cry:

Those rear vents especially, it looks as if they are stuck on. Initially I thought they would look good but they're just wrong. And what's up with those dials on top of the dash??? On the standard roc no less. The boost gauge would be nice to have in the intrument cluster or even as a reading on the MFD but those three dials just cheapen the look on the car imho.

And the "fold" on the boot also destroys the flowing lines of the car. I can understand they were trying to bring the roc into their new angular design language but this car wasn't designed with angles in mind. One look at the side view tells you the whole story... now the back and front stick out like sore thumbs. Hopfully real photographs show it in better light as these press photos are always enhanced beyond reality.

The things I do like are proper surrounds for the speedometer and rev meter and the new MFD. I also like the new boot handle. The steering wheel looks good and that it seems like the Recaros are still available.

Now to decide whether I should go for the old spec while I still can. I'd like the new engine but I could sort the power difference with a map.

To just show how sad the new R version looks compared to the original...
Totally agree with your observations.
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

Nospheratu wrote:To just show how sad the new R version looks compared to the original...
It looks angrier to me, not sad.