Scirocco 4 ??????

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: Scirocco 4 ??????

Post by ZephyR »

The left one looks like a 5 door judging by the windows.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Golf CC perhaps?

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf- ... 30835.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
phaethon
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport&package style , interlagos , keylless access(start-stop), park pilot , anti-theft alarm system , pla

Post by phaethon »

ΗΙ!!!
The advice - your opinion who they is: we buy or cancel the order?
Dazza_666
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: GT, Bi-Xenons, Heathed Leather, RNS510, 18" Interlargos, Folding Mirrors, Dipping Mirror, MDI, ACC, Dual Zone Climate, Luxury Mats, MFSW, Bury Bluetooth Kit.
Mods: K&N Panel Filter, Bluefin Remap, Amber Side Lights, LED DRL's, Focal Door Speakers.

Post by Dazza_666 »

Saw these pics a little while ago of the new Golf and instantly thought new roc.

http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2013-golf/11.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last few pages have various sketches of the Golf.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Read last week that they are going to do a Golf 4 door coupe, calling it the Golf CC.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=27169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting...
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

The next generation of the Volkswagen Scirocco will have an entirely different design.

In an interview given to CarAdvice, VW's head of design Walter de Silva said the new Scirocco will have a "completely different" design when it comes out in 2015. He added Volkswagen does not want to repeat the same body style but refused to go into any details.

De Silva mentions the new Scirocco will have a sportier appearance, following sister brands Audi and Seat with their recent models. Although it was confirmed for a new generation, the 2015 Scirocco is still in the design phase with only a few specifics signed off until now.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Just a little teaser there for us :yummy:
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Hmm
Looks like it might have to be a Mk7 Gti for me then .I can wait a year - but not 2+
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
ZephyR

Post by ZephyR »

martdy wrote:Hmm
Looks like it might have to be a Mk7 Gti for me then .I can wait a year - but not 2+
Plus I'd like to wait until its been out a year or to iron out the bugs before I buy one so that's 3 years. I'm after a new car now so it looks like its going to be a new Audi TT for the next 3 years and then maybe come back to the new Roc.
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

ZephyR wrote:
martdy wrote:Hmm
Plus I'd like to wait until its been out a year or to iron out the bugs before I buy one so that's 3 years. I'm after a new car now so it looks like its going to be a new Audi TT for the next 3 years and then maybe come back to the new Roc.
ZephyR
I don't think you'd have to wait a year (until 2016) to make sure niggles and bugs are ironed out. The platform, mechanicals and wiring looms will be coming off the Golf Mk7/Audi A3.

So, in theory all the glitches should be sorted from the Golf/A3 being on the road for a couple of years.

This new date of 2015 for the Mk 4 Scirocco has thrown me too. I was kinda holding out until early 2014 at the latest. Also, the thought of VW radically changing the shape of the new car is a worry. What if they cock up (e.g. Like what Honda did with the new Civic - bland, bland, bland).
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
Rawcpoppa

Post by Rawcpoppa »

Walter De Silva seems to imply the next Scirocco isn't close around the corner amongst other things.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/02/volk ... etely-dif/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"From our perspective, the reborn Volkswagen Scirocco is a handsome (if squat) little thing. Yet design-wise, it's always struck us as uncomfortably close to the Golf three-door hatchback with which it shares its basic underpinnings. That aesthetic kinship may be part of the reason why Volkswagen has steadfastly refused to import the Scirocco to North America, seeing as how the Golf doesn't regularly set the company's sales charts alight, and it's less expensive.

But that visual similarity might be about to change, says Walter De Silva, who recently told Australia's Car Advice that, "It must be completely different... we don't want to repeat the bodystyle of the Scirocco, we want to change that." Further, the Volkswagen Group's design boss says that the next-generation car isn't terribly far along in development yet – "at the moment, it's only a studio [project]... it's not defined." It's probably just as well, as the new seventh-generation Golf arguably borrows some of its design from the current Scirocco anyway.

So we should expect a much bolder, more differentiated design, right? Well, yes, no and maybe. Back in September, De Silva himself was quoted as saying that the era of flamboyant styling has passed, and that future VW designs will be simpler to better reflect the times and preserve resale value. So... how different could it be?
"

Edit: didn't realize someone had posted similarly higher up. Thanks autoblog for the late news
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Interesting read. Maybe the difference will be so great they call it a Corrado?!
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

RisingRoc wrote:Interesting read. Maybe the difference will be so great they call it a Corrado?!
If they do, I certainly hope the price doesn't jump the way it did when it replaced the MK2 Scirocco.
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Cuprabob wrote:
RisingRoc wrote:Interesting read. Maybe the difference will be so great they call it a Corrado?!
If they do, I certainly hope the price doesn't jump the way it did when it replaced the MK2 Scirocco.
Might be one way for VW to offer clear difference between the 'new car' and the Golf, but would damage the balance of the overall package of the Scirocco between style, function and cost. Either way, sounds a long way off.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Surely the problem for the rocco is that Renault and Opel/Vauxhall have copied the styling somewhat and that the current rocco forms a base part of the current design language so a design evolution probably won't be enough stylistically for what should be different but similar to the rest of the range with the 3dr golf having moved closer stylistically to the hatch-coupe concept of the current rocco. Add the rumoured golf CC and a new 3 door rocco looks like it doesn't really have a place to fit unless styled radically differently e.g. roadster or full blown coupe and not a hatch-coupe. I actually see the current car being able to hold its own sales wise for another few years as the design doesn't look old or dated yet for what is really a 6 year old design.

IMHO the mk7 3dr golf should have been dropped or fully adopted the hatch-coupe styling and the rocco moved into hardtop roadster territory.
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

If the potential Mk4 is radically altered, made lower then it could cause a problem for me. I'm getting too long in the tooth for a more sportier ride, my current 170 is just right for me, the wife and a cocker spaniel. I'll be looking to change next year. Or should I be tempted to keep the 170 for another couple of years, if I do it will be the first car I've ever kept over three years, so that is really saying something about how much we both like the Roc.

If the Mk4 is too low then I'll have to look at the new Golf GTI or even the Seat Leon FR. It would probably be back to a petrol in these cars with the DSG box.
Thirstyfire
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Thirstyfire »

So shall I wait for the new design? I saw Drak blue 2013 fully equipped we a very good price but I'm afraid the new design will come out soon
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Thirstyfire wrote: I'm afraid the new design will come out soon
Don't hold your breath...
pafa
In: Sumatra
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Rumors inside VW says facelift early 2014 (pushed back from Q4 2013) - and Mk4 will "maybe" happen in 2017, but thats not absolutely certain yet..