New Sirocco Ordered

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

New Sirocco Ordered

Postby Jaygebee » Wed May 17, 2017 4:52 pm

I have just ordered my new Scirocco. I am fed up of hearing all the diesel rubbish so I went to order a 2.0 TSI. I tried it and it frightened me to death. So I have settled for a sedate 1.4 GT. Arriving Sept.
I am sure I will get used to it. Any advise on driving it will be gratefully accepted as I haven't owned a petrol car for 17 years.
TIA
Jaygebee

I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: New Sirocco Ordered

Postby Addymk2 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:43 am

Don't be afraid of using the revs and savour the noise!

Don't fill it up with diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Addymk2

I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Postby skippy » Thu May 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Jaygebee wrote:I have just ordered my new Scirocco. I am fed up of hearing all the diesel rubbish so I went to order a 2.0 TSI. I tried it and it frightened me to death. So I have settled for a sedate 1.4 GT. Arriving Sept.
I am sure I will get used to it. Any advise on driving it will be gratefully accepted as I haven't owned a petrol car for 17 years.
TIA

Yes - unless you are a high mileage driver, diesel is not a good choice anymore as the pollution debates go on. For sure diesels are not as desirable now.

Enjoy your new petrol Roc!
skippy

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Postby Jaygebee » Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks for info about revving it thats what I will have to get used to. Which fuel is OK unleaded or premium unleaded?
Jaygebee

I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Postby Karnivore » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 am

Jaygebee wrote:Thanks for info about revving it thats what I will have to get used to. Which fuel is OK unleaded or premium unleaded?

The manual in my R says it makes no difference at all!

I'm a Tesco Momentum man meself.
Karnivore

I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic roof, RNS510, 19" Talladegas, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, H&R springs, Revo cold air induction kit, Milltek turbo back exhaust, Helix sporting organic clutch, LUK flywheel, Ade tuning custom remap.

Postby chelspeed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 am

It will run fine on either. But will go better and be more economical on super.

Techy explanation - If you want to use super unleaded and it's like other modern cars over time the engine management will try and advance the ignition for more performance, find that it's not getting det and stick with it. Over time it learns that you use super and takes advantage of it. Stick a tank of normal in and it will get det and retard the ignition until it's OK again.

On my R I found I was getting more than 10% better fuel consumption and super is less than 10% more expensive so I stuck with it. Extra performance is a bonus (OK the real reason).
chelspeed

I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Return to General Scirocco Talk