Order Numbers/allocations?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Vibester
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Order Numbers/allocations?

Post by Vibester »

Morning all.

I am looking at ordering up an R shortly. I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on the take up of the limited numbers and if I order in Jan/Feb what my chances would be of a) getting one and b) any sort of a deal?

Thanks
croydonvw
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" Taledega's, Black Vienna Leather, 12 way electric drivers seat, Pan Sunroof, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Electric folding mirrors, Hill hold control, Smoking Pack

Re: Order Numbers/allocations?

Post by croydonvw »

Hi Vibester

a) From what I understand there are 250 being made in the 1st year, and 250 in the 2nd....so I wouldn't hang around if you want one, get your order in asap, i think the quota hasn't been filled yet.

b) I didnt get a penny off!!! But I didnt care, just glad i got one of the 250 :-)
BrownBear
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG, 19" wheels, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors and full Dynaudio package without 6 CD changer

Post by BrownBear »

Exactly the same as Croydon!! Wise words. I got my order all confirmed last week after waiting 3 weeks on VW with my comms no. UK is getting 500 R's in total in first year and same in 2nd. That 500 is made up of 250 Scirocco and 250 Golf. My dealer said that allocation was doing ok but if you really want to guarantee one then treat yourself to an early xmas present I say!!!!
BrownBear
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG, 19" wheels, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors and full Dynaudio package without 6 CD changer

Post by BrownBear »

Oh yeah and I got bugger all off the cost of mine but kind of expected that:(
Vibester

Post by Vibester »

to be fair, not expecting much off but I will always try, you dont get if you dont ask!

Best i get in on the phone to Inchcape.
Vibester

Post by Vibester »

Got a reply on availability from VW UK today with regards to the Scirocco R. They said that there is allocation available but a lead time of 20 weeks from order date.
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Vibester wrote:Got a reply on availability from VW UK today with regards to the Scirocco R. They said that there is allocation available but a lead time of 20 weeks from order date.
sounds pretty good to me, I put my order in 31st October and have been told week 2 so far but some people have been moved from the early slots to around may/June time anyway so go for it