Got a date!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
timjones100
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sound pack, phone prep, 19's and folding mirrors.

Got a date!

Post by timjones100 »

Got a build date today - wk21!! How crap is that, means delivery mid/end of June!!! I placed the order as soon as they could accept them - now I'm depressed.
Anakin
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Re: Got a date!

Post by Anakin »

:eyepop:

Thats seems a stupidly long wait
Solar Orange TT RS
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Well, since my "pencilled in" build date was week 2 im gonna be a bit annoyed if they tell me that now ...although i wont be surprised!
Ordered mine 9am on sat 31st october
Georgeous
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Post by Georgeous »

timjones100 wrote:Got a build date today - wk21!! How crap is that, means delivery mid/end of June!!! I placed the order as soon as they could accept them - now I'm depressed.
Dear Oh Dear!!! ...VW really do know how to spoil that "I'm buying a new car" feeling! :no:

My Mk4 R32 had 'dodgy' engine management firmware out of the factory that went unnoticed for 6 months before I bought it...new car feeling spoiled! :mad:

My Mk5 R32 drivers door was a different shade of Silver that I discovered within 2 minutes of getting it home...new car feeling spoiled again!! :cry:

My Scirocco R......well only time will tell, but I reckon I'll have a few nightmares before picking it up.....next summer!!! ;)

But if there's any serious problem with my Scirocco R, I reckon it'll be the last new VW I ever buy!
Still, as the saying goes "Third time lucky!"

Later Folks,
George T. Smith
timjones100
Options: Sound pack, phone prep, 19's and folding mirrors.

Post by timjones100 »

That shit luck you've had with new cars.
The Scirocco we have was totally faultless, but I also have a Jetta 170 TDI Sport, company car, that had more faults than I can remember, including a real special one - the front driver’s seat was different to the passengers - how could they get that wrong!!! I also had faults with the DPF, folding mirrors, suspension, ICE, fuel cap, steering alignment and to top it all off 1 week old and someone smashed into the back of me - I only thank it was the works car and not the Scirocco.
Tim.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Hey folks,

on seeing the opening post about week 21 build date, i called my dealer to find out if mines been allocated a build week.

well the good news is yes it has, and its Week 3!!!! I ordered the car in first week of november, but had put down a deposit back in the summer so was first on the order book at my dealer.

So it should be here mid to end of Feb. Wooo hoo.

Good luck to the rest of you.
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Anybody else got their dates?
im worried my week 2 build will be changed to week 21 the way things are going!