Don't panic, don't panic!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Georgeous
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Re: Don't panic, don't panic!

Post by Georgeous »

Visited the dealer yesterday to review my confirmed order and apart from them having the wrong gearbox (6spd) option, everything else was correct :(

He's talking about a 'possible' build week 3 with a 'possible' delivery before the end of February :D
He reckons he'll get confirmation of the build week within the next 2 weeks. Which is good, because I travel back to work on the 23rd December :cry:

I really do hope this come to pass because I don't want to get stung by the forthcoming VAT increase!

Later GTS
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Just bear in mind that officially if the car is delivered in feb, but you hang on until the new reg number (march) then i think you still get charged the VAT as the car hasnt been delivered to you before feb 28th,
BrownBear
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG, 19" wheels, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors and full Dynaudio package without 6 CD changer

Post by BrownBear »

My dealer was supposed to have list sent to him by VW on Monday past and he was supposed to phone me but nothing. I phoned customer services and they told me (by speaking to them nicely) that they checked with sales team and my order was confirmed but couldn't give me comms no. I phoned my dealer y'day hoping that he would've heard something but nothing yet. It will be 10 working days on Monday 7th since I made my order and he said he should definately have word by then. According to him, he had heard from VW that only about 150 orders had been made so far. Not sure if thats in total for both Golf & Roc or just the Roc