Scirocco R Potential Purchase

Everything about the R for potential owners.
seanbrady1996
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Scirocco R Potential Purchase

Post by seanbrady1996 »

Hi Guys,

I used to drive a 2.0tdi (140BHP) Scirocco back in Ireland and loved it!

In Australia now and looking to buy a Scirocco R.
In talks with a private seller over the Scirocco in the link below.

But first I have a couple of Q's
Claimed to have stage 2 ECU tune & DSG tune to match (both upgrades done at the same time by the same company) giving it 340BHP
Would this cause problems for a FWD? is it "too much" power to handle for a FWD car?
It's also been lowered by 25mm. I haven't test drove it but would imagine it would give an uncomfortable driving experience? Has anyone lowered their 'Rocco by this much and what was the driving like?

I'd be slightly hesitant when buying such a modified car second hand but looks to be taken care of in fairness!
Anything else I need to look out for when inspecting/Test driving!

Thanks Guys

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... 8937/?Cr=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
finetrond
I drive a: Scirocco R

Re: Scirocco R Potential Purchase

Post by finetrond »

Too much power. No, impossible. I'm sure the tires can be induced to lose traction easily, but ya don't hafta floor it all the time. 60-70% of the time will do.
The arch gap on the R standard is large, 25mm lower is just fine, looks better. Depending on what is used to lower it, might even ride better. More comfortably even.

Join the club. Get it.
Collector of warning lights.
seanbrady1996

Post by seanbrady1996 »

Nice one mate, thanks for the reply.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger alright!
finetrond
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by finetrond »

Did you do it? Did you do it?
I'm going to buy the same R as I bought new back in the day. I gave it away to a family member, and now i'll buy it back at market price. That's how good these cars are.
they need some mods to become better, but that is so that we can put our own finger print on them.
Collector of warning lights.
seanbrady1996

Post by seanbrady1996 »

Hi Guys,

Just an update ended up buying this Rocco 2013 for A$17,000 (equivalent of about £9000)
APR stage 1 engine tune to roughly 305BHP at the wheels.
Unfortunately all Rocco's got a de-tune for the Aussie market due to hot weather so as stock them come in at 255BHP!

I can't believe the market over here! Only Scirocco's on sale are R, no tax and petrol prices are less than £1 a litre for Unleaded 98!

Safe driving folks thanks for the input!