Stage 2 Question

Everything about the R for potential owners.
solcoggins
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Stage 2 Question

Post by solcoggins »

My R is currently running a stage 1 custom map with figures of 315bhp and 433nm torque. Just wondering what kind of gains from here are to be expected on a Stage 2 map?

Also I have been told by some people that the HPFP would need to be upgraded to cope with Stage 2 fuelling, is this true or would it be recommended to simply inspect the cam follower and make sure a hole hasn't been blown through it as this is a common issue?
wopwopwallace
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: power flow straight pipe Turbo Back. 3" Scorpion Decat, Ramair oversized induction kit, gfb DV Plus, Wagner intercooler, Autotech HPFP, H@R's, 15mm Spacers stage 2 custom map.

Re: Stage 2 Question

Post by wopwopwallace »

Hi Solcoggins,

I have just stage 2'd my one, full sytem turbo back induction kit and uprated DV internals. I have it booked in at 10 this morning to be rollered and to diagnose some small boost issue. will let you know what sort of figures i see, Im expecting bout 330, will let ye know.
wopwopwallace
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: power flow straight pipe Turbo Back. 3" Scorpion Decat, Ramair oversized induction kit, gfb DV Plus, Wagner intercooler, Autotech HPFP, H@R's, 15mm Spacers stage 2 custom map.

Re: Stage 2 Question

Post by wopwopwallace »

So, the map was the issue, no boost leaks or faulty parts. all fixed running a tasty 343bhp and 321lbs of torque.