Boost Fluctuation after stage 2 remap

Everything about the R for potential owners.
wopwopwallace
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: power flow straight pipe Turbo Back. 3" Scorpion Decat, Ramair oversized induction kit, gfb DV Plus, Wagner intercooler, Autotech HPFP, H@R's, 15mm Spacers stage 2 custom map.

Boost Fluctuation after stage 2 remap

Post by wopwopwallace »

Hi Rocco fans,

this is my first post on here and sure this topic has been covered a mutitude of times but I cant seem to find the answers im looking for.. I have just put a stage 2 quantam map on my rocco r. full system turbo back ram air induction kit and gfb diverter upgrade. since remapping i am not acheiving full boost unti 35-4000rpm, where befor it was 25-3000rpm. Also, when on WOT in 5th 6th befor boost builds i can hear the turbo stuttering slightly as it starts to build and im getting boost fluctuation e.g, 20psi-15psi 15psi 20psi and so on. I changed the DV on monday hoping this cured the issue but its the same.

Im thinking now faulty N75 or boost leak.

Have it booked in on tuesday to get vagcom'd on the rollers

Anyone any ideas, thanks in advance.
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Boost Fluctuation after stage 2 remap

Post by Paradox1 »

wopwopwallace wrote:Hi Rocco fans,

this is my first post on here and sure this topic has been covered a mutitude of times but I cant seem to find the answers im looking for.. I have just put a stage 2 quantam map on my rocco r. full system turbo back ram air induction kit and gfb diverter upgrade. since remapping i am not acheiving full boost unti 35-4000rpm, where befor it was 25-3000rpm. Also, when on WOT in 5th 6th befor boost builds i can hear the turbo stuttering slightly as it starts to build and im getting boost fluctuation e.g, 20psi-15psi 15psi 20psi and so on. I changed the DV on monday hoping this cured the issue but its the same.

Im thinking now faulty N75 or boost leak.

Have it booked in on tuesday to get vagcom'd on the rollers

Anyone any ideas, thanks in advance.
What version DV did you change to? Plastic internals or Rubber one?

Id look at changing the N75 valve once your sure its not the DV or a boost leak
wopwopwallace
Options: power flow straight pipe Turbo Back. 3" Scorpion Decat, Ramair oversized induction kit, gfb DV Plus, Wagner intercooler, Autotech HPFP, H@R's, 15mm Spacers stage 2 custom map.

Post by wopwopwallace »

I went for the GFB DV+ mate, changes trhe stock internals for billet one's,

Im hoping its an easy fix, feels like a boost leak as its taking the turbo bout 1000 rpm more to reach full boost. failing that new N75. pissing me righ off like hahaha
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Get a garage to do a smoke test. probably easiest way to detect a leak.
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

Getting smoke test done tomorrow. will post my findings hopfully they can be of help to others.
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

So, the map was the issue, no boost leaks or faulty parts. all fixed running a tasty 343bhp and 321lbs of torque. its ace
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Nice

Enjoy
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

So Update, its back to the same issue, had it flashed back to standard, okay again. Do go for a generic map, they are pish
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

So had the car custom mapped this time, and the issue persistes as above, seems to be a boost control issue can anyone help
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

Update for any poor souls that are going through what i did, Turns out, first 2 tuners i used were both using quantum remaps, claiming to be custom maps. long story and £££ later got my car custom mapped by TRC and it is phenomenal, was the software all along. DONT GET A CHEEP SHIT GENERIC MAP, THEY ARE WANK..... P.S was only £250 for the TRC Rep to com to my home one day 30mins read the file. come back the next day and install, 25min. as good as any Revo or APR map i have ever had.
wopwopwallace

Post by wopwopwallace »

Update for any poor souls that are going through what i did. Turns out, first 2 tuners i used were both using quantum remaps, claiming to be custom maps. long story and £££ later got my car custom mapped by TRC and it is phenomenal, was the software all along. DONT GET A CHEEP SHIT GENERIC MAP, THEY ARE WANK..... P.S was only £250 for the TRC Rep to com to my home one day 30mins read the file. come back the next day and install, 25min. as good as any Revo or APR map i have ever had.