xenon bulb upgrade

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Ben193
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

xenon bulb upgrade

Post by Ben193 »

Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
Cblair92
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: None

Re: xenon bulb upgrade

Post by Cblair92 »

Ben193 wrote:Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
The best option is to upgrade to BI led lights if you just put xenon bulbs in a standard housing it just blinds people coming the other way but can be quiet expensive I've tried all over the UK for someone to do the job but cant find anyone

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Cblair92 wrote:
Ben193 wrote:Hi everone, Just wandering if anyone on here has upgraded from the standard xenon bulbs at 4600k to either 6000k or 8000k. Im always passing BMW's and Audi's and my headlights just seem yellow compared to there's.
The best option is to upgrade to BI led lights if you just put xenon bulbs in a standard housing it just blinds people coming the other way but can be quiet expensive I've tried all over the UK for someone to do the job but cant find anyone

He's talking about replacing the OEM D1S bulb with another D1S bulb, not replacing a halogen bulb with Xenon bulb.

OP- if you go to a higher Kelvin value, the likelihood is that it will actually have less light output, so take that into consideration.
Cblair92
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: None

Post by Cblair92 »

Cuprabob wrote:
Cblair92 wrote:

He's talking about replacing the OEM D1S bulb with another D1S bulb, not replacing a halogen bulb with Xenon bulb.

OP- if you go to a higher Kelvin value, the likelihood is that it will actually have less light output, so take that into consideration.
I see my bad [emoji16] ignore me I have no relevance to this conversation anymore lol

3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Osram cool blue intense is what you want

Perfect white like those other cars you have seen and no chav/dazzling blue
Ben193
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by Ben193 »

I have read good things about the osram cool blue i think thats the best way to go. :)
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

You made the right choice. I would buy from a big website rather than ebay or even amazon plenty of fakes knocking about.