Engine cover removal

Everything about the R for potential owners.
taylermullettvw
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: NOTHING

Engine cover removal

Post by taylermullettvw »

This maybe really simple to someone who knows what they're doing lol. However, trying to remove the engine cover on a 2016 Scirocco R is proving impossible without feeling like I'm going to snap something. Could anyone help?

Thank you :D
Bandwagon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box

Re: Engine cover removal

Post by Bandwagon »

My cars an older spec but I pull from each corner of the cover u might be able to find the clamps with your hand under the four corners. It is scary to pull off Still. If your still nervous YouTube is the job
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Bandwagon wrote:My cars an older spec but I pull from each corner of the cover u might be able to find the clamps with your hand under the four corners. It is scary to pull off Still. If your still nervous YouTube is the job
I believe you have a different cover. The R is bit trickier - not that I have ever taken on the challenge
Phil
kentech
In: Rising Blue

Post by kentech »

Basically the same as in this video.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]cfaUCHyXZew&[/youtube]
Babajang
In: Indium Grey

Post by Babajang »

you have to detach the air intake, some piping clips and cables from the cover...

Then you have to really pull hard on the areas that the cover connects to the engine on.. i broke one of the mounting points, luckily cheap to replace... but yeah its overly tight... i had to take it off a second time and it was just as tight that time as well. Good luck.
3t3p
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

run the engine 5-6 mins to warm it up slightly too.
Have to be brutal maybe put work gloves on for protection and to be able to apply more force