Federal 595 RSR

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Federal 595 RSR

Post by Paradox1 »

So over the weekend I got some federal 595 RSR semi slick tyres fitted.

First impressions..WOW

Firstly, they pick up everything, little pebles on the road included.

Driving on long A roads and motorways I notice they felt very smooth. i put this down to it being such a soft tyre.

At speed on bends, the car feels very stable and the grip is better than any roads tyres ive driven.
I cant comment on how they handle in the wet yet as the weather has been dry lately.

So far so good, Id definitely buy these again.
Babajang
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: Federal 595 RSR

Post by Babajang »

you should of had these on 4 months ago lol!!!! you do have a 2nd set of tyres ready for the change in weather right?
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

loool

No i'm going to try these all year round. They should be fine as long as you drive sensible in the wet
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Paradox1 wrote:loool

No i'm going to try these all year round. They should be fine as long as you drive sensible in the wet
How are they in the wet? I'm looking to buy these 4x. I only drive my scirocco in the weekend so I'm not to afraid of the bad weather, but how do they hold up in the rain?
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

to be honest, Im the rain they are perfectly fine. I do a mixture of city and country lane driving. It reacts no different to a normal road tyre. Saying that I can induce a slide if im being silly but you can do this with any tyre.

I would definitely recommend these. Where youd expect understeer, these just grip!
Well worth a try. I got a pair for £186
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Do u run them on all 4's?
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Not a the moment. Ive got rainsports on the back but i'll get another pair of RSR in the new year
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Cool! I'm looking into buying them. Yesterday I was pushing it and understeered badly due to cold weather (3C or so outside) and shit tyres, I got surprised.

It's fine to have a different type of tyres on the rears right? I'm only looking to replace the front ones those are the ones that are worn the most, the rear got some good space left but they are from a B mark so yeah..
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Ive always had mixed tyres but in pairs, Like ive got rainsports on the rears for the extra grip.

like most tyres then do need some heat in them to perform to their best. You can do this with just regular driving for 10mins.

I think youd be surprised with the grip of the federals, Probably the best tyre Ive used.