Scirocco R - Rear Lights

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jammiedodger23
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Scirocco R - Rear Lights

Post by Jammiedodger23 »

Hi guys, been browsing a while on the forums (which have been invaluable) but first official post.

Picked up a 2010 R a few weeks ago and have slowly been getting things sorted that i have discovered since owning the car.

My latest issue is with the nearside tail light which is filling with water and condensating. Did some testing and unfortunately its not the seal for the bulb assembly its actually damaged on the outside plastic so not repairable. I have been looking online for a replacement but struggling with getting the same code. The VW / Valeo code is 1k8 945 095 J but everything i can see online has a different ending letter which appears to signify the colour code (as there are many options available). The closest i can find is 1k8 945 095 S which are R-Line lights but i'm concerned that the S may signify a bigger difference and dont want to end up with the wrong parts or non-R lights as i would like to keep it all genuine.

Has anybody had to replace the tail lights yet on their R? Is it a common issue for them to become leaky i.e. is it worth buying a pair now?
LHM

Re: Scirocco R - Rear Lights

Post by LHM »

mate - seeing at this forum is like a ghost town its best you join the scirocco facebook page for answers to stuff like this. Plenty of active members on there and you will get a quick answer.
Jammiedodger23

Re: Scirocco R - Rear Lights

Post by Jammiedodger23 »

Ok thanks mate will head over. Just for future reference I ordered a new light with S letter and it was the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk