Scirocco R "Resonator delete"

Everything about the R for potential owners.

Scirocco R "Resonator delete"

Postby LJChantler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Hi all,

Massive Scirocco fan here and after buying my first Rocco at the age of 19 (1.4 160ps) and spending every day after I sold it wishing I still had one, I decided to go all out and buy the R and I am in love with it...

I bought the car from a dealer up North and after having a bad experience with mechanical issues with my previous Scirocco, decided to take out their warranty that they offered.

I love the car but really want a little bit more noise from the exhaust without spending too much, which is why I am looking at getting the silencer cut out for a straight pipe, but I have a few questions....

-Could this void my warranty?

-Could it harm the car in any way? I assume not but just to be sure

-Does it matter which straight pipe I buy and would it be beneficial to spend more, or is it not necessary?

I'd really appreciate any advice I am given as I am new to modding and not very knowledgeable when it comes to mechanics etc....

Cheers guys.

Liam

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
LJChantler

I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Scirocco R

Postby LHM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 am

Hi mate - resonator delete is only a small section of exhaust and a doddle to fit. As for warrenty voiding, it depends how arsy the dealer can be. If you are interested in a resonator delete I know a company (Progressive Parts) who do them (very high quality) and if theres enough interest they will develop one for the rocco R using my car as the test bed. Let me know if interested.
LHM

I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: Scirocco R "Resonator delete"

Postby LJChantler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:09 pm

LHM wrote:Hi mate - resonator delete is only a small section of exhaust and a doddle to fit. As for warrenty voiding, it depends how arsy the dealer can be. If you are interested in a resonator delete I know a company (Progressive Parts) who do them (very high quality) and if theres enough interest they will develop one for the rocco R using my car as the test bed. Let me know if interested.
Cheers for the response.

Are you suggesting there is not a straight pipe available on the market specifically for the Scirocco atm? Does it even need to be specific?

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
LJChantler

I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Return to Scirocco R Talk