Collect my 2016 Scirocco R 2016 caddy white DSG next week

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Ben193
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Collect my 2016 Scirocco R 2016 caddy white DSG next week

Post by Ben193 »

Hi every, I am very happy to say i have made the leap of faith and purchased a 2016 Scirocco r dsg, I collect it next week after getting an amazing deal from VW Glasgow. I am north west based and they are delivering it next weekend. I have spent the past couple of years driving a Renault Laguna coupe GT and loved it but after test driving a Manual R i just had to have one. Seriously can not wait to get my hands on it now feel like a kid at xmas again. :)
thecrofter
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Re: Collect my 2016 Scirocco R 2016 caddy white DSG next wee

Post by thecrofter »

Ben193 wrote:Hi every, I am very happy to say i have made the leap of faith and purchased a 2016 Scirocco r dsg, I collect it next week after getting an amazing deal from VW Glasgow. I am north west based and they are delivering it next weekend. I have spent the past couple of years driving a Renault Laguna coupe GT and loved it but after test driving a Manual R i just had to have one. Seriously can not wait to get my hands on it now feel like a kid at xmas again. :)
Enjoy. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
thecrofter
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

Ben193 wrote:Hi every, I am very happy to say i have made the leap of faith and purchased a 2016 Scirocco r dsg, I collect it next week after getting an amazing deal from VW Glasgow. I am north west based and they are delivering it next weekend. I have spent the past couple of years driving a Renault Laguna coupe GT and loved it but after test driving a Manual R i just had to have one. Seriously can not wait to get my hands on it now feel like a kid at xmas again. :)
Enjoy. You won’t be disappointed.

RoccoTom
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

Congratulations - enjoy the car! What sort of mileage is on it then?

I was the opposite way round from you. I test drove a DSG R and then ordered a manual one. I just felt that in normal 'D' mode it would change up too early, and in 'S' mode too late. I suppose you get used to it - and there's always the paddle-shifts anyway.

Look forward to seeing some photos once your baby arrives!

Tom
LHM

Post by LHM »

where in the north west are you?
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

RoccoTom wrote:Congratulations - enjoy the car! What sort of mileage is on it then?

I was the opposite way round from you. I test drove a DSG R and then ordered a manual one. I just felt that in normal 'D' mode it would change up too early, and in 'S' mode too late. I suppose you get used to it - and there's always the paddle-shifts anyway.

Look forward to seeing some photos once your baby arrives!

Tom
In D it tries to drive it as economical as possible and in S it tries to drive it as hard as possible; you can always drive it in manual with flaps
RoccoTom
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

Zanic L3 wrote:In D it tries to drive it as economical as possible and in S it tries to drive it as hard as possible; you can always drive it in manual with flaps
Yes, and that's exactly my point. You can't drive it in a 'normal' way, as you're forced towards either extreme. The only alternative is to use the paddles, in which case you may as well have a manual 'box and save yourself £2000. I realise it's down to personal preference though. :)
LHM

Post by LHM »

RoccoTom wrote:
Zanic L3 wrote:In D it tries to drive it as economical as possible and in S it tries to drive it as hard as possible; you can always drive it in manual with flaps
Yes, and that's exactly my point. You can't drive it in a 'normal' way, as you're forced towards either extreme. The only alternative is to use the paddles, in which case you may as well have a manual 'box and save yourself £2000. I realise it's down to personal preference though. :)
The good thing about the DSG box though is you get best of both worlds. Having driven manuals most of my driving life I am now a DSG gearbox convert. Also, IF you wish to map/tune your car the DSG box can handle much more power than the manual clutch.
trevor
In: Viper Green
Options: Apple car play ,carnet , full leather, 280 bhp

Post by trevor »

Enjoy !! I’m on my third Scirocco R nothing else out there can match it
Scirocco. R. 280 Bhp mk3 DSG, viper green auto folding mirrors,Bluetooth,and all the rest a R has
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Thanks for the support, it was a tad over 17k on the clock and i am based in Stockpot Greater Manchester. I simply went for the DSG due to being in stop start traffic during the week. Ohhh and the DSG farts! :) 4 Days and counting until collection.
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

LHM wrote:where in the north west are you?

i am based in Stockpot Greater Manchester :yes:
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

trevor wrote:Enjoy !! I’m on my third Scirocco R nothing else out there can match it
Can you hear the DSG pop from the inside of the car or not as when i was on the test drive as you can imagine i wasn't giving it the beans but couldn't really hear it?
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

Ben193 wrote:
trevor wrote:Enjoy !! I’m on my third Scirocco R nothing else out there can match it
Can you hear the DSG pop from the inside of the car or not as when i was on the test drive as you can imagine i wasn't giving it the beans but couldn't really hear it?

U can hear it from the inside, but it's not super loud nothing like a stock RS3 pop for example. For me it pops the loudest at around 3k with 75% throttle, higher in the revs I personally don't hear it all that much but that's maybe cuz the engine sound is louder then the pop (on the inside)?
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Zanic L3 wrote:
Ben193 wrote:

U can hear it from the inside, but it's not super loud nothing like a stock RS3 pop for example. For me it pops the loudest at around 3k with 75% throttle, higher in the revs I personally don't hear it all that much but that's maybe cuz the engine sound is louder then the pop (on the inside)?
Yeah i presumed it would be at it loudest at lower rev's under full load. I think the next 48 hrs are going to feel like an eternity. haha
LHM

Post by LHM »

Ben193 wrote:

ahh not too far from me then! Be good to get a meet going. (Fellow R owner here!)
LHM

Post by LHM »

Ben193 wrote:
the DSG parp on mine is very noticeable, especially when giving it some in Sport mode. Will be even louder once I get my BCS full system.
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

LHM wrote:
Ben193 wrote:

ahh not too far from me then! Be good to get a meet going. (Fellow R owner here!)
Where are you based?

Haha sounds like a good idea but i must admit i have only seen one in the Stockport area and i am sure it a demo currently being run by VW Stockport.

Mt mate has an A250 and he had a custom exhaust made from tdi north for a very reasonable price and that has gone from sounding like a hair dryer to an A45. :)
LHM

Post by LHM »

im from Lymm, Cheshire. 2011 Rocco R rising blue. Don't see many R's on the road!
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

So after collecting the car on Saturday and having the weekend to get to know it all i can say is just WOW! I just love the smooth power delivery. For some unknown reason i have come across multiple Golf R this weekend (Coincidence) and i must say the Rocco is the must best looking one! I can feel a road trip coming on for this bank holiday weekend. Haha
thecrofter

Post by thecrofter »

Ben193 wrote:So after collecting the car on Saturday and having the weekend to get to know it all i can say is just WOW! I just love the smooth power delivery. For some unknown reason i have come across multiple Golf R this weekend (Coincidence) and i must say the Rocco is the must best looking one! I can feel a road trip coming on for this bank holiday weekend. Haha
Need some pics