Collect my 2016 Scirocco R 2016 caddy white DSG next week

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Re: Collect my 2016 Scirocco R 2016 caddy white DSG next wee

Post by Zanic L3 »

Glad your enjoying it, Ben :)
Ben193
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by Ben193 »

thecrofter wrote:
Ben193 wrote:So after collecting the car on Saturday and having the weekend to get to know it all i can say is just WOW! I just love the smooth power delivery. For some unknown reason i have come across multiple Golf R this weekend (Coincidence) and i must say the Rocco is the must best looking one! I can feel a road trip coming on for this bank holiday weekend. Haha
Need some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do i put pics on, Its keeps saying file is to big?
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Ben193 wrote:
thecrofter wrote:
Ben193 wrote:So after collecting the car on Saturday and having the weekend to get to know it all i can say is just WOW! I just love the smooth power delivery. For some unknown reason i have come across multiple Golf R this weekend (Coincidence) and i must say the Rocco is the must best looking one! I can feel a road trip coming on for this bank holiday weekend. Haha
Need some pics

How do i put pics on, Its keeps saying file is to big?

Use imgur and just link those or use the [img]imgur.com/ur_url_here[/img]
LHM
In: Rising Blue

Post by LHM »

in the time i have owned my Rocco R (since Sepetember 2017) I have seen 2 other Rocco R's on the road, I have seen LOADS of Golf R's, epeically in the Warrington area I see LOADS there!!! As you are pretty localy to me mate we should do a meet up at some stage?
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Finally managed to upload some pics for you guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thecrofter
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

Ben193 wrote:Finally managed to upload some pics for you guys.
Ooh nice

2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

LHM wrote:
in the time i have owned my Rocco R (since September 2017) I have seen 2 other Rocco R's on the road, I have seen LOADS of Golf R's, epeically in the Warrington area I see LOADS there!!! As you are pretty locally to me mate we should do a meet up at some stage?

I must agree i have seen a good few Golf R. Also most of the ones i have seen have been driven like they have been stolen :no: Yeah i agree we should try and get something sorted. Does anyone know of any nice but subtle front lips spoiler and possibly rear roof spoiler extension for the Rocco.
Jest
In: Pure White

Post by Jest »

looks good Ben, well I would say that as that's what I have also :) just on an 18 plate

really enjoying the drive tbh, makes my commute to work more fun
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Thanks Jest,

Was also thinking about a lease but as i want to do a few mods in time and don't have £30k plus to get a brand new one i came across this at a cracking deal. The main thing that sold it to me was i got a 2 year extended warranty which kicks in Feb 2019 to covered until Feb 2021 :)
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Looks really sick, the wheels complete the package!

Has it been lowered as well?
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Zanic L3 wrote:Looks really sick, the wheels complete the package!

Has it been lowered as well?
Thanks and i love the look and stance of it.

No mate is completely stock. :)
Delberthot
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors

Post by Delberthot »

Ben193 wrote:Does anyone know of any nice but subtle front lips spoiler and possibly rear roof spoiler extension for the Rocco.
There are some out there but I cannot find anything subtle that doesn't spoil the look of the car and make it look chavvy.

I never liked the stainless steel look wing mirror covers so bought a pair of black ones from Ebay from China. Dead easy to change without taking the wing mirror glass out. Apart from changing the front badge to a black one when the warmer weather eventually comes I can't see anything that makes it look better than it already does.

It does have tinted windows as standard but I was thinking about getting then done darker as you can still see inside. On my last car I had the full limo tint
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Delberthot wrote:
Ben193 wrote:Does anyone know of any nice but subtle front lips spoiler and possibly rear roof spoiler extension for the Rocco.
There are some out there but I cannot find anything subtle that doesn't spoil the look of the car and make it look chavvy.

I never liked the stainless steel look wing mirror covers so bought a pair of black ones from Ebay from China. Dead easy to change without taking the wing mirror glass out. Apart from changing the front badge to a black one when the warmer weather eventually comes I can't see anything that makes it look better than it already does.

It does have tinted windows as standard but I was thinking about getting then done darker as you can still see inside. On my last car I had the full limo tint

Well that is exactly it, I really hate the chav look. Wish to keep it as standard as possible with very miner tweaks to personalise. Completely agree i think the first thing will be tints , Seen one with 90% rear and 15% front which looks very nice. Possibly have the rear light slightly smoked like the are on the Golf R. Not seen any face lift models with smoked rear light and any on pre face lift are completely black. haha
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Is there anyone around the northwest with Vag Com as i want to have the speedo in mph and the larger mph read out. I am willing to travel. :?
Ben193

Post by Ben193 »

Ben193 wrote:Is there anyone around the northwest with Vag Com as i want to have the speedo in mph and the larger mph read out. I am willing to travel. :?

Anyone?
Csyder
Options: BCS Powervalve Turbo Back Exhaust System

Post by Csyder »

The easy way is to buy a Carista. You will get a month free with it so you can change the country of origin to enable the big speedo.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Csyder wrote:The easy way is to buy a Carista. You will get a month free with it so you can change the country of origin to enable the big speedo.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

++ if you do get their adaptor you get a 1-month free trial where u can access all the settings and change them to your likings. I've made a thread about the features (picture are in random order though) http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 36&t=25715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;