Views on this R please

Everything about the R for potential owners.
AyBee
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Views on this R please

Post by AyBee »

Going to look at this on Friday - anyone here know the car? Previously been FE55RGE and 430VJO :) Good price?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... New&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: Views on this R please

Post by 3t3p »

looks well cared for had cam and pump done mileage good.

MPG average is LOL though

jk
RoccoTom
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

That looks to be a good car for the price - and quite a low mileage for the year. As for average MPG, from my experience of the R I'd say 35 is actually spot on. It'll all depend how previous owners have driven that particular car, though.

When you go to see the car, just take a close look at the front bumper and bonnet edge - there appear to be quite a number of stone-chips which have been patched up with the wrong shade of white. If they're visible in a photo, they're probably much more noticeable 'in the flesh', as it were. For such a clean car, I'd expect shiny exhausts too - but you can probably sort that fairly easily anyway.

Good luck with the search!
Delberthot
Options: Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors

Post by Delberthot »

Really? I'm averaging 27.5mpg since I got mine in August. It only has 5300 miles on it so it may open up as I put more miles on it.

I've found that Autosol and some kitchen paper is the best for cleaning the chrome exhaust tail sections.
AyBee

Post by AyBee »

3t3p wrote:looks well cared for had cam and pump done mileage good.

MPG average is LOL though

jk
Haha - I think that's just a standard Autotrader input isn't it, rather than owner's actual figures? I'm hoping 30+ on a run is achievable but I only do 3-5k per year so fuel won't be a massive expense :)
Babajang
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Post by Babajang »

30mpg is achievable if u drive it steady. put ur foot down around some country lane tho expect 10 - 15mpg in sports mode.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

I paid 11k € for a 2009 2.0TSI - 65k km's with DSG just to give you an idea (although mine isn't R line)
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

R line is a cosmetic package not to be confused with an R car

Yeh was joking about the MPG part:p

My record is 33mpg.