Facelift dyno + results

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Babajang
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Facelift dyno + results

Post by Babajang »

Just had my 65 plate "standard" scirocco R dyno'd the results were not what was expected.... first run it made 350 bhp and 353 ft-lb did a second run to confirm and it produced the same results.. this car is obviously not standard. Peak boost was 28psi! Im not expert but was told this was dangerously high for the turbo. So the guys managed to get hold of a standard Scirocco R map and apply moderate tuning to it so the turbo runs at around 22psi max boost and the car still makes unusually high power at 344 bhp. There is a really weird spike in boost around 3200 rpm then it settles down, the guys at CC Tuning think this could be the boost pressure control solonoid, ill get this sorted and have it re-run on their dyno to see if the problem is solved. Any other ideas what could cause this?

What other mods could be on the car for it to be making that power? any easy way to find out? Ill put the graphs on here when i get a moment.

Dyno results below, the Left one was the first run and what showed the car wasnt standard, the second run was with a better map with lots less boost pressure.
pic hosting websites
Last edited by Babajang on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
toplad
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Facelift dyno + results

Post by toplad »

Sounds like you have a tuning box somewhere on car. Something like a TMC tuning box.
Babajang
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: Facelift dyno + results

Post by Babajang »

he went into the ecu and checked the map, it was a quick remap where whoever tuned it just made the boost requested max value from 2k rpm. he sorted this out with his own map.

I did think the same as you tho, i guess its worth checking, should be easy enough to spot.

Ill try and contact the previous owner he may know something...