Faulty passengers window

Everything about the R for potential owners.
LJP1991
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Faulty passengers window

Post by LJP1991 »

Hi all.

11 plate scirocco R

When getting out the car today my partner said the door felt weird. She pushed it and now the window will not operate at all. Won’t go up or down. Doesn’t move when opening the car like normal.

Has anyone had this issue before. Any advice much appreciated. Currently can’t lock my car!!!

Local be garage has closed for the day!

Liam
Babajang
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: Faulty passengers window

Post by Babajang »

No idea about the window problem but have you tried locking the doors using the physical key? there is a little panel u can pop off on the door handle to get to the slot.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

It probably felt weird because it didn't drop before opening so the door would have had to be pushed against the seal.

One thing you could try is to disconnect the battery for a period then reconnect to see if the door module will reset and allow the window to work.

Note if you do try this, then fon't worry when a couple of warning lights stay on when you first start the car. They will go.out after you drive the car a few hundred yards and the steering angle sensor calibrates.
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Isn't there a window reset? Something like open it fully then press the open button again for 2s then close it fully and then press the close button again for 2s?
LJP1991
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red

Post by LJP1991 »

Thanks, will try the battery disconnect.

RE Dropping the window, the window will not move at all. Its stuck up. Even using the car key which opens all other windows.
PWRoccoR
In: Pure White

Post by PWRoccoR »

Had this exact problem at the end of last week in my R, Was into VW yesterday and had a new window switch fitted under warranty.