Went on the Dyno

Everything about the R for potential owners.

Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 am

Took the R on the Dyno, only mod was a Revo intake

There's a bump in the curve low down, not sure why. The Torque figure is meant to be 258lbs at 2500 revs, but it's a lot less at that point, but I have a higher peak figure

276 BHP and about 280 Torques

Image
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby Paradox1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Worth checking and when you decide to get it remapped. they should check the overall health of the motor
Paradox1
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby 3t3p » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am

Nice, that's why I tell people my R is ~270bhp :D

What year is your R?
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: 19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, Xenons, Forge Twintake

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:09 pm

It's a 2010 model
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby 3t3p » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Same year as me. Any other mods you've done or are planning?
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: 19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, Xenons, Forge Twintake

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Yeah, I've just add a TMC motorsport tuning box
It's made a fair bit of difference, will get it checked on the Dyno shortly. Traction is now an issue, considering an anti lift kit to help. Not sure if it will make any real difference
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby Paradox1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 am

Anti lift kits help with getting the power down.

On my to do list along with everything else lol
Paradox1
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am

Yes I've read a few reviews, but I'm skeptical tbh. Half a degree in castor can't make that much difference surely.
People tend exaggerated the benefits and downplay the down side of these sort of mods usually on the forums.
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby Paradox1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:46 am

Agreeed.

Guess you'll just have to see for yourself or drive a rocco with it fitted
Paradox1
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby xjay1337 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 am

Anti lift kit made quite a positive difference.
There is literally no down side to suspension mods (fitting poly bushes etc). The ride is a TINY bit more firm but not really enough for any normal person to notice. My car is fully polybushed.

Regarding the dyno, looks pretty normal for a stock car to me. If the car was not clamped down fully it may have risen a small amount on the rollers.

No two dynos are exact and you'll always get a small variance in figures.
Image
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
xjay1337
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: Da Endz, Berkshire
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:08 am

xjay1337 wrote:Anti lift kit made quite a positive difference.
There is literally no down side to suspension mods (fitting poly bushes etc). The ride is a TINY bit more firm but not really enough for any normal person to notice. My car is fully polybushed.

Regarding the dyno, looks pretty normal for a stock car to me. If the car was not clamped down fully it may have risen a small amount on the rollers.

No two dynos are exact and you'll always get a small variance in figures.


Thanks for that

The only reason I'm skeptical is because I believed reviews in the past , spent my hard earned and the item hasn't made any difference or met my expectations.
If you had to rate the anti lift kit out of ten, what would you give it?

I would be quite happy if it cured the wheel spin (on a dry road, warmed up tyres) at the top end of second. At the moment if Im in second and its hooked and apply full throttle, it grips until I get up to 4.5k revs then starts to wheel spin.
The other day I had wheel spin in wet at about 70 in the meat of third gear. This is all in a straight line btw
Do you think an anti lift kit will sort this?
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby mattyfitz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm

I have had the powerflex anti lift kit fitted for a while now here are my experiences

-steering is a little heavier at low speeds (such as car parks)
-wheel hop is eliminated (main reason i got it)
-Turn in felt better.

one thing i would say is to buy the uprated front wishbone bushes at the same time, otherwise you have to take the wishbone off twice.

You can get the powerflex ones for £118 from Carparts4less with the 'FAST10' discount code.
mattyfitz
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:57 pm
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby xjay1337 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

toplad wrote:
xjay1337 wrote:Anti lift kit made quite a positive difference.
There is literally no down side to suspension mods (fitting poly bushes etc). The ride is a TINY bit more firm but not really enough for any normal person to notice. My car is fully polybushed.

Regarding the dyno, looks pretty normal for a stock car to me. If the car was not clamped down fully it may have risen a small amount on the rollers.

No two dynos are exact and you'll always get a small variance in figures.


Thanks for that

The only reason I'm skeptical is because I believed reviews in the past , spent my hard earned and the item hasn't made any difference or met my expectations.
If you had to rate the anti lift kit out of ten, what would you give it?

I would be quite happy if it cured the wheel spin (on a dry road, warmed up tyres) at the top end of second. At the moment if Im in second and its hooked and apply full throttle, it grips until I get up to 4.5k revs then starts to wheel spin.
The other day I had wheel spin in wet at about 70 in the meat of third gear. This is all in a straight line btw
Do you think an anti lift kit will sort this?


It will reduce the wheel hop and the brutality of it, but the only way to stop wheel spin is to change your tyres for decent ones or use less throttle.
Image
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
xjay1337
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: Da Endz, Berkshire
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby 3t3p » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm

when you polybush the whole car how does it then drive?
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: 19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, Xenons, Forge Twintake

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby Paradox1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:10 am

Stiff lol

but brings the car together and makes it feel more connected. Not necessary for a road car unless you like that feel. Can be a bit much on uneven roads
Paradox1
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby toplad » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 am

Paradox1 wrote:Stiff lol

but brings the car together and makes it feel more connected. Not necessary for a road car unless you like that feel. Can be a bit much on uneven roads


Lol
I've poly bushed cars in the past, made the car craper on normal roads, less compliant and aggressive without an improvement. The car didn't ride as well overall. On the track day I did it was worth while however, but compromising my daily for a <3 circuit days a year is pointless
toplad
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby 3t3p » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:30 am

I suspected that ye from reading around cheers
User avatar
3t3p
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: 19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, Xenons, Forge Twintake

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby mickdavies » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:52 am

xjay1337 wrote:It will reduce the wheel hop and the brutality of it, but the only way to stop wheel spin is to change your tyres for decent ones or use less throttle.


Sorry to Hijack this but first day I have driven my Rocco in the wet and noticed so much wheel spin and lack of grip in the wet, without really putting my foot down. Would you say that was the tires as I haven't noticed it in the dry.
mickdavies
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 pm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Went on the Dyno

Postby Babajang » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 pm

You drive a Diesel so loads of torque...... youre going to get loads of wheel spin in the wet. Having crap tyres wont help though (if you do)
Babajang
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 2:06 pm
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box


Return to Scirocco R Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andy b and 27 guests