Does your R make this noise

Everything about the R for potential owners.
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Does your R make this noise

Post by toplad »

I haven't had my car long and am not fully familiar with how it should sound, I want to check if a noise I can hear is normal

When Im fully on the throttle, climbing past 3k rev I hear like light fluttering sound, lke a wuffling until 4k revs then it dissappears. Second gear is over so quick it doesn't happen. I hear it in 3rd and 4th, haven't had the chance to check the other gears yet.
I had the car on the dyno today and it made 276Bhp with a Revo intake, it feels strong too
Anyone else getting this sort of noise?

I had it dyno'd to check the car was standard, but the guy said he couldn't tell if the car was mapped or not, I wanted some sort of check of the ECU file
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Does your R make this noise

Post by Cuprabob »

From your description it sounds like wastegate chatter amd is probably more pronounced due to the Revo intake.
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

I hear it sometimes if I do a short blip in second gear and have only heard it since putting the forge twintake on my car.
Stuart-88
In: Deep Black

Post by Stuart-88 »

What you're hearing is compressor surge, very common on the KO4 - so nothing 'wrong' as such with yours. The stock compressor wheel struggles to keep up with the boost and will stall, which is what you can hear. You can buy anti-surge wheels from beach buggy turbo's, but not cheap, and only really beneficial if on big power