RaceChip

Everything about the R for potential owners.
LJP1991
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

RaceChip

Post by LJP1991 »

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used a RaceChip on a scirocco at all?

Are they any good??

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/vw/scir ... 350nm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Re: RaceChip

Post by chelspeed »

The website gives almost no details of what it does. Considering a before and after dyno run would cost them nothing (assuming the software was developed on a dyno) then you have to ask why they don't post before and after power curves. And if they haven't used a dyno to develop the software then run a mile.

If it does nothing then the engine warranty is pointless.

And don't believe testimonials, anyone gullible enough to spend £500 will be so embarrassed they've been stitched up that they will say anything to try and justify it to themselves and avoid their mates knowing haw daft they've been.

Avoid this kind of snakeoil and stick to the recognised mappers who use a dyno and give you genuine evidence of what they can and have achieved.
toplad
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by toplad »

Chelspeed, it remains to be seen if racechip was dyno tuned or not.
Other companies have produced better websites with more information, but these are generic remaps only and not tailored to the car. It would quite easy to say avoid these too in favor of a live dyno tuned map which will always be optimized better
I'm quite interested in this option, but would like to hear from people with actually experience of the product
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

toplad wrote:Chelspeed, it remains to be seen if racechip was dyno tuned or not.
If it was then why not post details? The fact that they choose not to speaks volumes to me. But as you say I have no personal experience just a healthy dose of cynicism. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.