Changing my golf r for a scirocco r

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Saha
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box
Options: None

Changing my golf r for a scirocco r

Post by Saha »

Hello
Changing my golf r for a scirocco r I have always liked the scirocco shape and I think that they are not going to make the scirocco much longer so I have placed a order for the r in white.Thanks
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Re: Changing my golf r for a scirocco r

Post by Needajobby »

What version of the golf did you have? If it's the 7, it'll feel like a downgrade as the golf is much better...especially in terms of speed and grip. The Roc is still a good car though, the golf 7R is just better.
Hope you enjoy when it comes.
Saha

Post by Saha »

Thanks for the reply I had the mk7 which I have had 2 of these I decided to change the car because of the low trade in values these cars are fetching which was caused by the cheap lease deals my car was a high spec and the trade price was a joke I could not get a better deal than we buy any car so with the scirocco deals I thought this was a better option than let's say buying another golf r mk7.5 and being caught in the same trap.Thanks
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

Ah, OK. I'm still running our golf but will possibly have a similar issue in February once the PCP comes up. The cars are very different but you do get used to it. Noise from the 'Roc is far better. There are a couple of members on here "in the same boat" so to speak. Enjoy.
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Scirocco R orders closed in Feb 2017 so unless you're getting a pre-ordered one you won't be getting one. Ask your dealer if he has actually placed the order and got a build number for your to track it with. Guess how I know?
Saha

Post by Saha »

My car arrived last week and is now at the dealer lookers of newcastle
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

So ordered by the dealer on spec before Feb and you've now put your name on it. That's OK then. I ordered one in April and it took them a month to tell me they couldn't supply it. Eventually tracked down a fax from VW UK to their dealers saying no new orders after I think 17 Feb. Didn't want you to be misled like I was. Enjoy it.
rich146

Post by rich146 »

I too have ordered a Scirocco R also from Lookers Newcastle. Although my current Scirocco R lease doesnt expire until end of October, they kindly agreed to hold on to the car for me until then. Its the last chance to drive an R on lease. I also went for a 36 month lease this time just to enjoy it even longer but with DSG instead of my current manual. Its in part a tribute lease I guess :)
Let me know how you get on Saha and dont forget to check out VW Scirocco R Owners - UK on facebook and update their would be great
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saha

Post by Saha »

Hello
Thanks for the reply after owning 2 golf r's i wanted a change and in my opion the scirroco r for styling beats the golf by a mile I looked at other cars i.e. Rs focus,BMW 140i,Audi s3,but the scirroco I think is the better all round car should be getting it in the next few days.Thanks