Your Best Mods?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Your Best Mods?

Post by toplad »

Hi

I'm interested in modding my Rocco R , so far I have been looking at shortshifters(the throw on my car seems really long), remaps, Anti-lift kit and headunit up grades as my RNS 310 doesn't have bluetooth.

I was wondering what are your best mods and why, but also which mods you've installed which where poor and you wish you'd kept the money instead??(lowering springs???)
>moto<
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather

Re: Your Best Mods?

Post by >moto< »

If you are after a performance increase the best bang for buck by far is a stage 1 remap. I'd recommend ditching the Soundaktor as it's free and though the noise it makes is amusing at first it quickly becomes annoying (well, it did for me anyway). It's also easily reversible it you don't like it.

The exhaust flapper mod is free if you want a bit more exhaust boom below 3500RPM. It does drone a freeway speeds though which is ultimately why I set it back to stock. Takes 5 mins to do and is totally reversible.

Springs would be worth the coin in looks alone in my opinion. I have mine fitted next week and went with Eibach as they're progressive and are reportedly less harsh than the alternatives. The H&R's give the car the best stance.

I'm staying with the stock wheels so decided to fit some spacers to fit the arches, improves the look for minimal $$$.

I reckon the value of most other mods are personal, for example, I don't want extra noise so have decided not to fit a CAI. It does improve response and horsepower but for 10hp that's delivered in the upper rev range it's not worth a $1000+AUD to me.
toplad
With a: Manual box

Post by toplad »

Thanks moto
I have eibach on my other car and are very happy with them, so will use them if I decide to go lower.
The remap is on the list also.
I do fancy going straight to stage two, as I already have revo intake and would just need to add the down pipe plus the map.
I don't really want the car any louder than it is already also.
>moto<
In: Indium Grey
Options: Leather

Post by >moto< »

My tuner said the downpipe adds a bit of noise but it's minimal, especially if using the APR downpipe. Could be a sales pitch but research seems to suggest the same.

I'll go Stage 2+ next with a HPFP, downpipe and likely an intercooler for peace of mind. My tuner said I could still get away with a panel filter at this level if I really didn't want to go CAI. I'd want a DSG tune at this point as well though so the costs do start to add up to get that next level of power.

I was keen to get an aftermarket turbo setup and jump to stage 3 early on but after seeing how much wheelspin I got on stage 1 I'm a bit put off. I think Stage 2+ will be more than enough.
JUNKMAN
Options: Leather,Pan roof,Dynaudio,Winter pack,Black badges,H&R Springs,Revo panel filter,R8 Coils,BCS downpipe

Post by JUNKMAN »

Hi
Fitted H&R springs to mine looks a lot better with only slightly harsher ride
Also fitted BCS down pipe which gives a lot deeper growl and also a bit more response- favourite mod so far
Flapper mod is worth doing only takes 2 minutes and adds a bit more noise on start up and acceleration
Remap is on the cards next plus DSG map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk