Does this (second used) car looks alright for the price?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Does this (second used) car looks alright for the price?

Post by Zanic L3 »

http://nl.ww3.autoscout24.be/classified ... asrc=st|as" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 8.999€ (but price is discussable, so less)

The description says the following:

2009 Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI R-line.
- 157 000 km.
- With open roof
- Leather inside
- Nav
- 280hp (it's remapped?)
- selling with 2 previous owners.
-'Car is in very good condition, starts and drives well!'

I'm gonna see it later but does the price seems correct or is it just a bit to cheap? Meaning there's some things wrong with it... It's wrapped in dark purple and under it the (original) color is black, maybe it is to hide rust or minor damage? I didn't ask the person who sells it about these things yet, it's a pain in the ass to ask many question on the phone as the seller might just wimple me off and say it's already sold. I will go and check it out sunday or monday. What are some things I should ask/double check? I don't wanna end up dropping €1-€2k to fix it incase there are things broken

Also it has a crack on the front window as you can see on the last image, so I might need to replace with window first before I can drive it legally. (no idea if it's approved to drive on the road yet and a new window is €500-€800 ?)

I was first looking to get a 2009-2010 1.4 TSI 160hp but they are listed one for 8k and one for 8.5k. And I heard that the can break as it's a matter of time (if the engines aren't replaced).
Here are some examples:
http://nl.ww3.autoscout24.be/classified ... asrc=pl|as" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://nl.ww3.autoscout24.be/classified ... asrc=st|as" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mean for nearly +€500 I can get a Scirocco with twice the power, doesn't that seems strange?

Thanks.
Msmith38931
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Does this (second used) car looks alright for the price?

Post by Msmith38931 »

You can pick up 2.0 tsi rline for 5-6k with similar mileage here in the uk so that doesnt seem cheap to me. I would definatly get it checked over by an expert before buying though. Last thing you want is to have to spend loads getting it fixed. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Msmith38931 wrote:You can pick up 2.0 tsi rline for 5-6k with similar mileage here in the uk so that doesnt seem cheap to me. I would definatly get it checked over by an expert before buying though. Last thing you want is to have to spend loads getting it fixed. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah here (Belgium) prices are nearly twice as expensive as in uk :cry: . Was looking for a Celica before and found out that you can get them (twice) much cheaper in UK.

Is the mileage high for a Scirocco 2.0 TSI R-line?

Also does the turbo needs a lot of maintenance, a friend of me told that turbo engines tend to break fast.
charliegilmanuk
Options: RNS 510 with rear parking sensors and retrofitted VW OEM bluetooth 7P6 (M)
Full heated leather interior
Cruise control
Metal pedal set
Bi-Xenon OEM retrofit with LED DRL and 6000k D1S
Full LED interior, LED sidelights

Post by charliegilmanuk »

Worth mentioning that it's not an R-line at all, they weren't introduced until 2012 or 2013. It looks like a standard GT with the bumpers and skirts from the Scirocco R, supposedly installed by a previous owner (might be worth checking for recorded damage). Engine is almost definitely modded if it is indeed 280bhp, likely stage 2 as that engine, EA888, was 200ps/197bhp.
Zanic L3

Post by Zanic L3 »

Thanks for letting me know. How can I check if the car had damage before? If I pick it up then I'll be third owner.

Also does the modded engine carry any risk, more wear? (I'm assuming yes)?

Also the 'gt model' = 2.0L engine?

Huge thanks for the heads up/reply though!
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

do yourself a favour and buy an R you will not regret it!