Mirror adjustment buggered?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
PWRoccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

Mirror adjustment buggered?

Post by PWRoccoR »

Had the R near 6 months and have only just realised that the mirror adjustment is all to pot. can adjust the left mirror as it should be but when i try and adjust the right it moves both. Worth Taking to the dealer to see or an easy fix out there?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Mirror adjustment buggered?

Post by Cuprabob »

It's normal operation.

Set switch to "R" - both mirrors adjust.
Set switch to "L" - passenger mirror adjusts.

If you adjust the driver's mirror the passenger mirror offset is maintained so adjusts automatically. You can adjust the offset between the 2 mirrors by just adjusting the passenger mirror. It's to make it easier if multiple people drive the car regularly. By adjusting the driver's mirror the passenger one automatically goes to the correct position.

If you have the Highline MFD there is a setting within the convenience menu to unlink the mirrors so they adjust independently.

It's all in the owner's manual.
PWRoccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White

Re: Mirror adjustment buggered?

Post by PWRoccoR »

Cheers :yes:

I had them independent previously but had one of my indicators replaced under warranty due to water getting in and buggering it. They must have reset the MFD when that was done!