Decat and MOT

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Gigz79
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Gloss Black 19" Talladegas | Leather | Sunroof | Dynaudio | H&R Springs | H&R 12mm Spacers | Super Pro ALK | Full Interior/Exterior LEDs | R Wing Badges

Decat and MOT

Post by Gigz79 »

Looking to upgrade the exhaust on my R to a full Scorpion setup. Now my question is regarding going the decat route, does anyone run a decat and pass the mot without having to swap the cat back in??? Thanks!
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Decat and MOT

Post by Paradox1 »

No, a decat is an MOT failure mate
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

You won't be able to pass the UK MOT without a cat, unless you have a friendly MOT tester. Also, you will need to have the post cat lambda sensors mapped out to prevent the EML being on. Some people use spacers on them but that can be temperamental.
Gigz79
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Gloss Black 19" Talladegas | Leather | Sunroof | Dynaudio | H&R Springs | H&R 12mm Spacers | Super Pro ALK | Full Interior/Exterior LEDs | R Wing Badges

Post by Gigz79 »

Thanks for the replies Paradox and Cuprabob :yes: I do have a friendly MOT tester but probs gonna go with a 200 cell cat, less hassle that way.