Going to see this one tomorrow

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Karnivore
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic roof, RNS510, 19" Talladegas, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, H&R springs, Revo cold air induction kit, Milltek turbo back exhaust, Helix sporting organic clutch, LUK flywheel, Ade tuning custom remap.

Going to see this one tomorrow

Post by Karnivore »

http://www.wimbledonparkhonda.co.uk/use ... -dsg-12294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has FSH and I know to look out for DSG service at 40k & clutch replacement in (I think) 2015.

It looks like most of the extras are there (pano roof, heated seats, rear parking) only thing I can't tell from the photos is if it's got the Dynaudio.

Anything else I should look out for? And thoughts on the car, good or bad, appreciated.

Thanks all, hopefully it'll be the one and I'll be able to be more active in here :)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Going to see this one tomorrow

Post by Cuprabob »

If it has Dynaudio, there are Dynaudio badges on the speaker grills at the base of the doors and the "powered by Dynaudio" appears in the headunit splash screen.
Karnivore
Options: Panoramic roof, RNS510, 19" Talladegas, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, H&R springs, Revo cold air induction kit, Milltek turbo back exhaust, Helix sporting organic clutch, LUK flywheel, Ade tuning custom remap.

Post by Karnivore »

Brilliant, thanks (I knew about the speaker grill, but not the display)
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Is that an aftermarket exhaust, as it doesnt seem to be mentioned but does sit out quite far. Any why is the towing cover missing on the front?

My observations, doesn't mean it's a bad car :)
Phil
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Yep, I clocked the exhaust (the ad doesn't mention the rear parking sensors either, it was only by looking at photos I saw it) I can't believe I didn't notice the missing towing cover either.

Depends what the exhaust is, I guess - it does stick out rather far.

That's what's throwing me, there's barely any mention of the extras in the ad, so it could have been remapped, miltek exhaust and upgraded airflow for all I know.

I'll be going through all the invoices provided with it with a toothcomb. Those alloys look cheap as well, but the photos aren't good enough to pick up on the emblem on them, if they're cheap I'll tell them to knock the £600 off it'll cost me to get a set of refurbed originals on there.

They called me earlier, apparently someone had booked a test drive before me and were travelling up from Brighton tomorrow - I told him to let me know how it goes, if the car's still available I'll drive down then. There are plenty out there still, I'm in no rush. :shake:
RoccoTom
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

It looks a pretty smart car, especially given the mileage. Just a couple of things that occurred to me:

1. There looks to be a huge tear across the padded side of the driver's seat (visible in a few of the photos), but it's probably actually just a small crease.
2. The temperature gauge is sitting well under 90, but that's probably just 'cos the engine's not quite up to temperature.
3. The bottom edge of the front bumper looks a bit odd in photo 16, as if it's been photo-shopped or something.
4. Those black exhausts are a real shame - a pair of polished, gleaming exhausts really set off the look on an R.

All the best, whatever you decide! :)

Tom
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Brilliant, thanks Tom (and thanks for the time you took to look at the ad)

I've always had VW's and am currently running a MK4 1.8T Golf so knew to look out for the temperature (good spot, though, 'cos that's another couple of hundred quid straight away)
Photo 16 - again, great spot, it looks like someone's stuck a load of araldite on it and covered it in tippex!
The exhausts - I'm really not keen (I'm also hoping the people coming up from Brighton to see it tomorrow aren't reading this)

I'm thinking "steer well clear" but part of me is saying "they've got no idea what they're selling, clearly, look through what's been done and then make a decision"

Problem is I'm on a £14k budget so may have to take the rough with the smooth.

Ho hum!

Karn
StuartyBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by StuartyBoy »

The wheels look like they are 'Bola CSR'.
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Cheers Stuart, from a quick google I make you right.

Why would you, though, given the original alloys look far better!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/12214717 ... 973&crdt=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Thanks to all that replied and offered advice.

I got a call from the garage - apparently, during the prior test drive, the engine light came on. To be honest, after reading your messages my mind was made up on that one anyway (it quickly became a no from me)

Luckily, I read through a load of posts on the forum yesterday and saw that Jake's car was still for sale.

I'm now the proud owner of this one, collecting Wednesday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Sc ... 3641.l6368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(the DSG was an unknown for me anyway, as is the Dynaudio - you can't miss what you aint had!) :)
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Very nice - his car is stunning and well looked after. You will love it
Phil
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Cheers Phil, it ticks every box for me - distance is a bit of a pain in the arse, but for the right car you just do don't you (and the 3 hour drive home will be well worth it)

It helps that he seems a thoroughly decent bloke as well so know we'll still be in touch afterwards for any queries etc.

Can't wait!

Karn
Jake-w07

Post by Jake-w07 »

Enjoy the car mate i know did :yes:
Karnivore

Post by Karnivore »

Jake-w07 wrote:Enjoy the car mate i know did :yes:
Thanks mate, I promise she'll be looked after as well as you looked after her. Drive back was great (took us just over 3 and a half hours) If you're ever passing by Stevenage let me know. :)