Vw car net app

Everything about the R for potential owners.
trevor
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Apple car play ,carnet , full leather, 280 bhp

Vw car net app

Post by trevor »

Hi Anyone tried this app I can't get it to work, I think it requires a vw usb car stick any info would be helpful thanks
Scirocco. R. 280 Bhp mk3 DSG, viper green auto folding mirrors,Bluetooth,and all the rest a R has
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Re: Vw car net app

Post by chelspeed »

You need to register with your vin number on the webbie https://www.volkswagen-car-net.com/port ... uest/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that gives you an access code you type into the head unit. No need for anything hardware wise like a usb stick to plug in.

Don't get too excited. Did it a week after the car was new, had a furtle around and decided there was nothing useful and not used it again since.
trevor

Post by trevor »

Hi mate thanks for reply , have you got the VW usb carstick and a data card in it ? Can't seem to get much sence out of vw
Scirocco. R. 280 Bhp mk3 DSG, viper green auto folding mirrors,Bluetooth,and all the rest a R has
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Don't know what the VW usb carstick is so I don't think I have one. I have a discover media headunit with a data card in the left card slot for the sat nav maps. Nohing in the right card slot. I have an ipod shuffle plugged into the usb socket in the centre console.

Your signature strip says 265 which suggests your R is pre-facelift. Pretty sure the discover media wasn't fitted until the 2015 facelift. I think you need discover media for the car net app which may explain why VW can't help you?
trevor

Post by trevor »

Got it all sorted vw carstick now can connect to wifi on the Dicover Media system works a treat
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

What does it do?
trevor

Post by trevor »

What is does is gives you the news , weather , nearest petrol station , etc it's a wifi connection connects your car to various information, works well and I always have it running doesn't use very much of data so it's cheap to run , you can use your iPhone as a connection but I have the vw carstick that is a wifi dongle and plugs into you usb socket under the centre arm rest