Pads and Discs

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Willyjay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" alloys, remap stage 1, led lights, VAGCOM, blue interior lights, hid front head lights, after market stereo, subwoofer

Re: Pads and Discs

Post by Willyjay212 »

xjay1337 wrote:The coating is pretty durable. I have melted it during trackdays so if you do that type of driving you can eventually end up with rusty bits on your disc/bell but still worthwhile IMO.

I would be careful with the rears, don't leave the handbrake on until the brakes are properly sorted or are fully cooled.. Due to bias rears are not used much so will take a bit of time.

When we fitted my 310mm rears after an aggressive bedding in procedure (fitted new PMU pads and discs up front as well) the car was parked handbrake up.
When I went to leave the workshop 20 minutes later both rear wheels were locked and while we were able to salvage the discs, the pads were a write-off.... the coating was obviously hot and had melted into the pad!

Image20160503_175141 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Mtec issued a full refund for the discs and also covered the cost of new pads, their customer service was brilliant. Hence why I keep using them.
What's the name off the coating? Can you buy it to paste on yourself?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Re: Pads and Discs

Post by Tymondo »

Im not sure what the coating is made from but its just called "black coating". You can search for it on MTEC's website.

Jay thanks for AKS' details. I had a call from Demon-Tweeks saying they had the DS2500's in stock and i could have them for £244. I ended up just accepting them as Awesome where quoting me around £340 but if they are not the right pads i will ask if they can fit them as Bedford is only 30 mins away from me :yes:

Discs (Front and Rears) with black coating where £230.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;