New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Mil35
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by Mil35 »

Mine is being built this week, hopefully I'll have it in 4-6 weeks!

Did any of you guys take out GAP Insurance? If so, do you have any recommended providers?
hilder
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by hilder »

Yes definitely take out GAP!! I work as a bodyshop estimator and its amazing how many people don't take it, and god for bid anything happens, you can end up thousands out of pocket.

I took it out with the lease company, £299 for 2 years. Could have found it cheaper else where but just went for the easiest option.
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by Technane »

Made no Diff to me, my insurance paid out more on my Car than I paid for it :-? and Gap insurance doesn't affect what the body shop costs are. that's just the balance of if its written off or not, so my 9k Car had 11k of Damage = Write off!
hilder

Post by hilder »

I know it doesn't effect body shop costs. But if you were to lease/finance a brand new Scirocco R with an RRP of roughly £32k, as soon as you drive away you'll lose probably £4/5k

Say it gets stolen/written off in the first month, and insurance value it at a retail price of £28k, and you owe £31k on it. You've to find £3k to put towards to clear the finance. GAP covers that.

Doesn't help as much on older cars, but on brand new its a must imo. Just written off a 3 week old Mini at work, woman paid £23k for it. Insurance value it at £17k. She has no gap insurance. Therefor, she's £6k out of pocket!
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

I would also recommend for a new car. Used ALA insurance and £150 for 2 years cover.
123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

Mines due for delivery on Wednesday :) will take out gap as I did on previous lease. Ala tend to be around 100 or so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Laurence22

Post by Laurence22 »

Picked up mine yesterday , safe to say it was worth the 3 month wait!! Dunno if I'm just being thick or it can't be done? But does anybody know how to change the speed from kph to mph on the digital display? Cheers
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Laurence22 wrote: But does anybody know how to change the speed from kph to mph on the digital display? Cheers
No easy solution to that one even with VCDS.
It's in kph in lieu of no kph calibration on the main speedo.
Disclaimer: it might be different with the latest dash but it was the case with the pre-facelift.

You could get a big mph speedo on the MFD by changing the region to ROW using VCDS but again not sure if applicable to the latest models.
chelspeed
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

It is. As from a few months ago the revised software version of VCDS allows you to make the same changes to the facelift dash. So mph and big speedo work the same as pre-facelift.
hilder

Post by hilder »

Been and mine today

Absolutely love it so far! Puts power down extremely well for a fwd. sounds great. No complaints from me :D
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I received mine today as well. Feels a bit oldskool compared to the Golf, in a good way. Like the sound a lot better, hi-fi better than expected, drives well in comfort and interior not as bad as made out by the reviews. Steering is a bit numb and the car not as nimble feeling or as responsive as the golf. Chuffed overall though. Kept under 4K revs and the Mrs took it out and redlined it. :grumpy:

Anyone getting the "contact dealer" when trying to use apple play?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

They look good lads ... my pure white is being delivered tomorrow! Can't wait :)

Laurence22

Post by Laurence22 »

That urano grey is looking sick ! Nicer than I thought
ChetRocco
In: Indium Grey
Options: Stock

Post by ChetRocco »

Needajobby wrote:I received mine today as well. Feels a bit oldskool compared to the Golf, in a good way. Like the sound a lot better, hi-fi better than expected, drives well in comfort and interior not as bad as made out by the reviews. Steering is a bit numb and the car not as nimble feeling or as responsive as the golf. Chuffed overall though. Kept under 4K revs and the Mrs took it out and redlined it. :grumpy:

totally agree with what you say there, I find the steering isn't numb as such, just slow geared off centre giving the impression it isn't as 'darty', but gotta say, been driving them back to back last few days and im really loving it, its got this refined, old school charm about it especially in comfort. What tyres did you get on yours?, i got the new P-zero's and they aren't bad. Once you start throwing it around you will be surprised how capable it is!
ChetRocco

Post by ChetRocco »

hilder wrote:Been and mine today

Absolutely love it so far! Puts power down extremely well for a fwd. sounds great. No complaints from me :D
looks good, wanted the urano grey, but they only had allocation for indium, both have their perks, congrats!
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

ChetRocco wrote:
Needajobby wrote:I received mine today as well. Feels a bit oldskool compared to the Golf, in a good way. Like the sound a lot better, hi-fi better than expected, drives well in comfort and interior not as bad as made out by the reviews. Steering is a bit numb and the car not as nimble feeling or as responsive as the golf. Chuffed overall though. Kept under 4K revs and the Mrs took it out and redlined it. :grumpy:

totally agree with what you say there, I find the steering isn't numb as such, just slow geared off centre giving the impression it isn't as 'darty', but gotta say, been driving them back to back last few days and im really loving it, its got this refined, old school charm about it especially in comfort. What tyres did you get on yours?, i got the new P-zero's and they aren't bad. Once you start throwing it around you will be surprised how capable it is!
Also PZeros. Totally agree that it isn't as darty....not helped by a larger steering wheel.
ChetRocco

Post by ChetRocco »

funny you should say that, but checked this and to my surprise, they're identical!

https://ibb.co/dRJRdv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://ibb.co/i2TsJv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Surprising as it seems bigger, maybe more to do with seating position. I need to keep using the 330d for another month but it's going to be tough walking past the scirocco. Anyway, enjoy lads!
ChetRocco

Post by ChetRocco »

nice, not such a hardship, love those 330/335d's!
123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

Just got mine delivered! Loving it so far! Coming from a fiesta st the steering is quite numb so you don't have much idea to what the front wheels are doing. Impressed with the grip on the continentals. Apparently they have loads of grip but wear quickly ... could be an expensive tyre bill over the 2 years lol. Anyone done the flapper mod yet?