New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by Cuprabob »

Laurence22 wrote:Thanks for the reply, wasn't really expecting that been looking at the tax chart and don't know if I 100% understand it , but have worked out it would be an additional £800 ?? I mean if I knew that before signing on the line I would of probably just bought second hand?
To be fair the new VED rates for cars registered on or after 1St April has been well publicised and that's why the majority of people are trying to get their cars registered before the end of the month.

But even VED rates on cars registered prior to 1st April go up with inflation (RPI) each year as was announced in the Budget on Wednesday so I would imagine the lease company would pass these on too unless they've accounted for them over the period, but they are negligible so they might just absorb them.
Last edited by Cuprabob on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laurence22
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Post by Laurence22 »

Hmm it may of been publicised, but I'm wasn't never aware of it until after signing the papers. If knew there was an chance of the monthlys increasing Depending on the arrival of the car I wouldn't of signed up.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I've never leased but I would be very surprised if it's not covered in their T&Cs as it's totally outwith their control and a change of government policy on VED or other taxation such as VAT would leave them really exposed.
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

A contract signed before the VED changes shall remain valid unless stated accordingly. Unless the lease company explicitly explained the VED change in their contract (and you explicitly agreed) their problem. You'll be fine.wasurcar worth >£40k?
Laurence22

Post by Laurence22 »

Fingers crossed I have a copy of the paper work signed at £176 a month /£2400 deposit , delivery date April so hopefully they can't charge me any extra, Bit of a downer after a 2band half month wait. Only time will tell ,
Dr_Stu
In: Indium Grey

Post by Dr_Stu »

I've had mine just over a year now on lease with national vehicle solutions. £201pcm. I'm on 9000miles and front tyres will need replacing in the next month or so.

It's a very competent car, drives really nicely, good sound system, ride is good. On the negatives mpg is pretty crap, I'm averaging 23.8mpg, for a performance car it's not that exciting and when you push on there is more understeer than I'd like.

On the whole though good car.
Tymondo
In: Deep Black
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Dr_Stu wrote:I've had mine just over a year now on lease with national vehicle solutions. £201pcm. I'm on 9000miles and front tyres will need replacing in the next month or so.

It's a very competent car, drives really nicely, good sound system, ride is good. On the negatives mpg is pretty crap, I'm averaging 23.8mpg, for a performance car it's not that exciting and when you push on there is more understeer than I'd like.

On the whole though good car.
Thats a cracking deal. How on earth does £201 a month cover depreciation? Its just jumped on this thread as PCP has interested me for a while ive just never got my head round it all completely but if i could get a brand new R for £201 a month and hand it back after a few years then sign me up.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChippyR
In: Indium Grey
Options: None

Post by ChippyR »

_DSC6639-2.jpg
Well Mine arrived today and I have to say it goes like a missile! Can't wait till it's run in.
Mine came on Conti tyres.
Hopefully attached is a photo which isn't quite Wast Water but one of Wiltshire's less famous white horses in the distance.
DSG is a little different to the Golf but nothing too bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

Last edited by 123hjms on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

mik_94 wrote:Received my VW Scirocco R DSG White (17 plate) on tuesday this week loving the car :) I got it for £179 a month and £2400 initial payment anyone else got a deal similar to this? Got driven to me from Telford so it arrived with 160 miles he literally gave me the keys asked if i had any questions then told me to have fun lol.

Anyone got any advice on how to drive the car for the first 1000 miles in terms of breaking in the engine?
My deal is very similar, can't remember exact figures but mine is the same spec/colour as yours with 5k mileage allowance. Coming from Cardiff VW but ordered through CVL. Built date was last week and it had changed to in transit by Thursday so hoping it arrives before end of the month! Need to arrange collection for my fiesta st which was also leased.

Edit* mine has now arrived in the UK so it should be with me by the end of the month!
Last edited by 123hjms on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Can I just confirm I'm getting this right. You guys are leasing the Scirocco R for £200 a month with mileage allowance of 5000 with an initial deposit of approx £2000?

I've not leased before but if those kind of deals exist then I can see why people go down this route!
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

My lease was £2,500 down (no admin fee) and £213 a month for a manual in Urano Grey with a 10k miles a year limit.

Mines arrived in the UK now, and on its way to the dealer, hoping ill have it next week.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I'm £270/month on 2 year with £2.4k down but 15k miles peryear. Without nerltallic and DSG was around £220.
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Where do these deals exsist i wouldnt mind looking at a new motor and keeping my R :nod:

123hjms

Post by 123hjms »

Tymondo wrote:Where do these deals exsist i wouldnt mind looking at a new motor and keeping my R :nod:
They don't anymore, they were available at the start of Jan. Good lease deals tend to only hang around for a week or two max.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I asked the same as I thought the guys quoting these figures were at it.
The lease companies laughed at me when I spoke to them.

I just read about the new road tax rules so a new car bought after 1st april ie a R would be in the region of £1000 a year to tax?!?!?!? :cry:
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

a4gee wrote:I asked the same as I thought the guys quoting these figures were at it.
The lease companies laughed at me when I spoke to them.

I just read about the new road tax rules so a new car bought after 1st april ie a R would be in the region of £1000 a year to tax?!?!?!? :cry:
That will be the first year tax. It is less in the subsequent years. If the list price is over £40k then there is a £315 surcharge for the first 5 years. You need to read the detail very carefully as like most things these days it's neither straightforward or simple....
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Cuprabob is quite correct...and leasers care nothing for VED. It's included in lease costs (usually).
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

:yes: :)
hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

Im booked in to collect mine next Monday (27th) I cant wait! Pics will be up in due course :)