Soooooo. Torque Steer

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Grasscutter

Soooooo. Torque Steer

Post by Grasscutter »

Looking at getting an R. Currently have a specced up Mk IV R32, she's been my daily for 10 years now.

Don't like the Golf R's particularly, those 4 exhaust pipes *really* put me off. I'd feel like a proper turkey driving it.

What is the torque steer like in the 2015 R? I've seen a few folk on here getting am LSDs.

Also for a fully specced R (leather, upgraded audio)17K miles, does 22K sound reasonable? Tempted to part-ex my golf for ease, garage said they'd give me 2-2.5K for it.

Otherwise, I'm really keen! (Except for the loan. an eye-watering 450/month on a 20K loan over 5 years :))

Thoughts?
Technane
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Soooooo. Torque Steer

Post by Technane »

No thoughts per se on the torque steer, but on the loan and what not. have you thought about selling the R32 and then just getting a lease? seems to be the logical option now, especially with tax and what not.
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Hey, thanks for reply. I have looked at leases, but don't really know what I'm doing if I'm honest. Always liked to 'own' my car. That's not to say I wouldn't of course.

All the good lease deals seem to have ended, plus there's the mileage limits. Have looked at PCP, seems a similar price to the loan (but without the option to pay back sooner).

The other option I have considered is to sell R32 privately and get a loan for the full cost of the vehicle (for the sake of argument, consider the one above) and get a few more quid for the golf. But then you have to deal with tyre kickers and test pilots and just general phone grief.

Decisions!
Technane

Post by Technane »

I was talking to... these guys https://www.intelligentvehiclefinance.c ... ase-C58984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

however ended up just using Zuto to buy mine. made the process bloody easy, as took the pain out of car search and finance search.
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Grasscutter wrote:Have looked at PCP, seems a similar price to the loan (but without the option to pay back sooner).
Paid my PCP back 18 months early on the last car. Just phoned up for a settlement figure and BACS'd them the cash. So some at least allow early settlement.
Jaffa14
Options: Leather seats, dsg, dynaudio soundsystem, 19 inch talladega, cruise control, parking sensors

Post by Jaffa14 »

Grasscutter wrote:Looking at getting an R. Currently have a specced up Mk IV R32, she's been my daily for 10 years now.

Don't like the Golf R's particularly, those 4 exhaust pipes *really* put me off. I'd feel like a proper turkey driving it.

What is the torque steer like in the 2015 R? I've seen a few folk on here getting am LSDs.

Also for a fully specced R (leather, upgraded audio)17K miles, does 22K sound reasonable? Tempted to part-ex my golf for ease, garage said they'd give me 2-2.5K for it.

Otherwise, I'm really keen! (Except for the loan. an eye-watering 450/month on a 20K loan over 5 years :))

Thoughts?
I'm selling mine if your interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

I will buy your R32 for 3k ;)
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

Is your R32 knackered? If not, I'd feel low balled by that tbh

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Addymk2 wrote:Is your R32 knackered? If not, I'd feel low balled by that tbh

Yes, I do a bit. Quite the opposite. I've got a stack of receipts about 2" thick with it. KWv3 w/inox, Miltek sports cats, non-res box back, stage 2, pipercross, uprated ARBs (all done by APS) and little expense spared to keep it looking about as nice as a 14 year old motor can (without a major restore). FSH etc.

VW offered me book price of 500 quid. Lol.

Also got a set of genuine 19" BBS LMs - MkIV fitment (which sadly won't fit a scirocco it seems).

Selling privately though can be a right pain in the arse.

@Jaffa thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for something a bit newer.
Jaffa14
Options: Leather seats, dsg, dynaudio soundsystem, 19 inch talladega, cruise control, parking sensors

Post by Jaffa14 »

No bother! Scirocco r is an amazing car by the way you will love it! My brother in law used to have an r32 I'm not sure which one bit it was 08 reg.... the r would kill it except from a stand still! I'm struggling to want to let with thisto be fair if someone did offer me full asking price it would be me who thought about it hahaha! I'm trying to justify buying an 09 - 10 gtr but the costs look ridiculous!
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

Grasscutter wrote:
Addymk2 wrote:Is your R32 knackered? If not, I'd feel low balled by that tbh

Yes, I do a bit. Quite the opposite. I've got a stack of receipts about 2" thick with it. KWv3 w/inox, Miltek sports cats, non-res box back, stage 2, pipercross, uprated ARBs (all done by APS) and little expense spared to keep it looking about as nice as a 14 year old motor can (without a major restore). FSH etc.

VW offered me book price of 500 quid. Lol.

Also got a set of genuine 19" BBS LMs - MkIV fitment (which sadly won't fit a scirocco it seems).

Selling privately though can be a right pain in the arse.

@Jaffa thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for something a bit newer.
What I've done when I've been given my PX value in the past is start it on eBay at the top end of there offer and just let the auction run.

I've always ended up with more than the dealers offered
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Yeh, I guess that's the solution.

Get the scirocco and sell the golf later.

So, torque steer? :P
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Holy shit, Zuto are nice people... cheers Technane!
Technane

Post by Technane »

Mate can i please pleas please give you a Ref code i think i have one not sure what it does us!
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Sure, pm it to me.

In other news, the one I had my eye on has gone. Boo, hiss.
Technane

Post by Technane »

aww wankers!

Don't worry about the referral but its only gonna give me £50 doesn't seem to give you anything so I don't see that as a fair trade.
but the car market on Zuto is ace just add a load, then the guys at zuto will sort out viewings and stuff. I think it took less than a month to buy my car from the first contact to driving away, I had cash as a deposit, though. but this deposit was paid directly to the dealer not to zuto. so it's still not out of the realms of possibility you could trade in the R32. Creds on the R32 by the way always loved them

also as you can haggle direct with the dealer, you just tell zuto what you agreed and then you finance is arranged, as long as you don't go over the initial estimation by a truckload its just done and dusted!
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

I really like that they do all the HPI/stolen etc checks, as well. You also tell them the car, and they give you an indication whether it's a fair price. Seems to take a lot of the guesswork out of it (if you're not in the trade).
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Does the dynaudio pack make a difference?
Technane

Post by Technane »

not sure but, extras I want to add to my car of have added/have on my car so would be good to look out for

RNS-510 (Nav system)
Bluetooth (Later model so supports things other than Nokia)
Cruise Control
Bi-xenon
Folding mirrors
parking sensors
rear view cam
Full-colour instruments
winter pack (heated seats and such)
MDI
Minch

Post by Minch »

Minimal torque steer with decent tyres on. Traction is an issue out of slower corners but if you learn to drive it right it will still be significantly faster than the r32