Scirocco R DSG Stage 1 engine tune

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Icedog
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by Icedog »

Greetings! :)

I'm thinking about doing a stage 1 on my Scirocco R (308hp) and i have the DSG gearbox, has anyone done stage 1 here with DSG gearbox? If so, did you tune the gearbox aswell, change the clutch or anything?

Or can i just keep gearbox stock? :shrug:

Sincerely, Jesper
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Scirocco R DSG Stage 1 engine tune

Post by Paradox1 »

You can stick with Just the stage 1.......but to get the full beneift you may as well do both. Tuners often discount the DSG map if you get a engine remap at the same time.
Quicker shifts, higher reve range etc. well worth it
Icedog
In: Candy White

Post by Icedog »

Paradox1 wrote:You can stick with Just the stage 1.......but to get the full beneift you may as well do both. Tuners often discount the DSG map if you get a engine remap at the same time.

Hmm... Okay thanks, i think i'll go for engine stage 1 then and maybe do the gearbox later on.

Engine tune costs 740€ and gearbox 635€ here in Sweden, they could only give me 5% off if i do both :p

Thanks for the answer :)
ben3runwilson
In: Oryx White
Options: Recaro Wingback seats
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Sounds awesome! I too have just got a Scirocco R! I'm considering soon doing a stage 1 with the DSG tune aswell but I'm not sure what company to choose here in the UK.
With the stage 1 has this improved the exhaust sound? I think for an R the car is to quiet and needs to be louder, will the stage 1 do enough or do I need an exhaust kit too??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

ben3runwilson wrote:Sounds awesome! I too have just got a Scirocco R! I'm considering soon doing a stage 1 with the DSG tune aswell but I'm not sure what company to choose here in the UK.
With the stage 1 has this improved the exhaust sound? I think for an R the car is to quiet and needs to be louder, will the stage 1 do enough or do I need an exhaust kit too??

A remap will change the tone but nothing noticeable..

You will definitely need an exhaust system
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

Icedog wrote:
Paradox1 wrote:You can stick with Just the stage 1.......but to get the full beneift you may as well do both. Tuners often discount the DSG map if you get a engine remap at the same time.

Hmm... Okay thanks, i think i'll go for engine stage 1 then and maybe do the gearbox later on.

Engine tune costs 740€ and gearbox 635€ here in Sweden, they could only give me 5% off if i do both :p

Thanks for the answer :)

Thats a crazy price for a generic remap!!!

What tuners do you have in sweden?
ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Paradox1 wrote:
ben3runwilson wrote:Sounds awesome! I too have just got a Scirocco R! I'm considering soon doing a stage 1 with the DSG tune aswell but I'm not sure what company to choose here in the UK.

A remap will change the tone but nothing noticeable..

You will definitely need an exhaust system
I'm looking at AMD Thurrock Essex for the remap and Milltek exhaust as they have good deals when you buy all from them...

I've read lots bad about Milltek exhausts but the videos I've seen on YouTube sound so good!?

Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

They will do the job. some people have developed cracks on them and some haven't. I had a crack on mine but sold it on. wasn't hard to get it repaired either. plus miltek offer a lifetime warranty. AMD do generic maps so should be convenient for you. especially if you are local to them
ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Just thought I'd update you all
I've had a miltek cat back (non res) installed and a stage 1 map + DSG map from AmD thurrock Essex.

The DSG revs much higher and the pull at lower revs is much greater! I've had 4-5 mpg increase when driving normally too!!!! The car feels much quicker and has gone from 272 to 308 (dyno at wheels)Image

ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Just thought I'd update you all
I've had a miltek cat back (non res) installed and a stage 1 map + DSG map from AmD thurrock Essex.

The DSG revs much higher and the pull at lower revs is much greater! I've had 4-5 mpg increase when driving normally too!!!! The car feels much quicker and has gone from 272 to 308 (dyno at wheels)