New to Rocco R Life

Everything about the R for potential owners.
ivano_93
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Re: New to Rocco R Life

Post by ivano_93 »

the new uk car tax laws only apply to cars valued over £40,000 right? i dont think the R hits that mark unless you add every optional extra maybe.

Also i dont think you pay for road tax if you are leasing as the car is owned by VW. at least i hope you dont :)

https://www.gov.uk/newvehicletaxrates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

ivano_93 wrote:the new uk car tax laws only apply to cars valued over £40,000 right? i dont think the R hits that mark unless you add every optional extra maybe

https://www.gov.uk/newvehicletaxrates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No they apply to all cars registered after 1/4/2017.

If the car is over £40K you pay a £310 premium on top of the £140 VED for the first 5 years.
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

Lease costs usually include tax though.
Minch

Post by Minch »

Whats the residuals like at the end of the 2 years?
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

There are no residuals with a lease (assuming you are referring to those on this thread). Just return the car. 8)
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Although there is no residuals on a lease contract, as you are paying for the depreciation the residual value does have a major impact on the lease cost. The better the residual value, the less the depreciation is hence a lower lease cost.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Cuprabob wrote:Although there is no residuals on a lease contract, as you are paying for the depreciation the residual value does have a major impact on the lease cost. The better the residual value, the less the depreciation is hence a lower lease cost.
Ehhh. Yep. Still no need to be concerned about residuals. Don't care a jot what the car is worth after 2 years. Simples. :yes:
Sunni
Options: Auto-folding mirrors
Car-Net

Post by Sunni »

Rising Blue Scirocco R DSG with CarNet and auto-folding mirrors. Hopefully get it by the end of March!
deano_123
In: Reflex Silver

Post by deano_123 »

Sunni wrote:Rising Blue Scirocco R DSG with CarNet and auto-folding mirrors. Hopefully get it by the end of March!
o0o0o0oo I bet those mirrors swung it for you
Minch

Post by Minch »

You can still have an option to buy at the end of the lease.

It seems VW is happy taking the Golf R route with these now, however it makes buisness sense as they are still selling units of an old car with no announced update as of yet.