Scirocco R price/advice

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Adam90
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Scirocco R price/advice

Post by Adam90 »

I've gone and had a little accident in my Scirocco GT, and she's been wrote off. I'm looking to buy a Scirocco R this time instead.

I've seen a couple on AutoTrader for around £10,000, with around 100,000 miles on them. I wouldn't usually buy a car with that many miles on, but I only do about 6,000 a year myself, so it's not too bad. Is it worth it? :shrug:
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: Scirocco R price/advice

Post by 3t3p »

Depends is this your budget?

100,000 is a fair amount but guess to have done that a lot of miles would have been on the motorway.

The car is fantastic, inside and out. It is totally worth it. Handles very differently to the other variants of scirocco.
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

3t3p wrote:Depends is this your budget?

100,000 is a fair amount but guess to have done that a lot of miles would have been on the motorway.

The car is fantastic, inside and out. It is totally worth it. Handles very differently to the other variants of scirocco.
I've had a re-think, I'm going to up the budget to around £12,000 -£13,000. Should be able to get one with much less miles on at this price. :yes:
3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Do it! One of the fastest cars for the money really. But more than that very refined and practical and isn't another bleeding golf!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

Never driven an automatic before. How responsive are the paddles? Seem to be a lot cheaper than manual.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Normally DSG is more expensive. You really need to drive one to assess if it's for you. As automatics go the DSG is extremely good but it does have it's quirks.
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

Cuprabob wrote:Normally DSG is more expensive. You really need to drive one to assess if it's for you. As automatics go the DSG is extremely good but it does have it's quirks.
Yeah, I'm off to test drive one local to me, despite having no intentions to buy it! What are the quirks you mention?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Adam90 wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:Normally DSG is more expensive. You really need to drive one to assess if it's for you. As automatics go the DSG is extremely good but it does have it's quirks.
Yeah, I'm off to test drive one local to me, despite having no intentions to buy it! What are the quirks you mention?
A slight delay when you set off which means you tend to overcompensate by pushing the throttle more until you get used to it.
It can be jerky and clunky when cold.
As it pre-selects the next gear if your slowing down and then suddenly accelerate it get caught out.

You soon get used to it though.
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Recommend a DSG map if you do make the jump
Phil
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

Looks like I'll be an R owner this week. Early Christmas present, from myself. :)
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Congrats :)
Phil
Minch

Post by Minch »

Great time to buy as prices have bottomed out. I have DSG but wish I had got a manual.
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

Phil wrote:Congrats :)
Thanks. Worth the upgrade for the blue needles alone. :D
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

Finally got round to taking a picture..

3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

nice, how you finding it compared to the GT?
Adam90

Post by Adam90 »

3t3p wrote:nice, how you finding it compared to the GT?
Loving it. I had a remap on the GT, but the R is still so much better. Definitely did the right thing in spending a couple of extra quid and getting the R.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

Ohhh yesss.
So stock R Trump's mapped GT ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk