Facelift R Roof bars

Everything about the R for potential owners.
PWRoccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

Facelift R Roof bars

Post by PWRoccoR »

Ola,

took delivery of my brand new Pure white R 2 weeks ago and have begun my search for a set of roof bars for the upcoming winter sports season, unfortunately I cant find anything at all. Any suggestions of what anyone is using?
Rew
In: Night Blue
Options: Sunroof, folding mirrors, winter pack,

Re: Facelift R Roof bars

Post by Rew »

Mine is pre facelift. but this may help.

I looked into this about a month ago. I have a set of Thule bars left from my previous golf and thought I might be able to fit them. Thule who told me that they don't guarantee a fitting that works properly. Pity.

I couldn't find anyone making a dedicated set of bars and decided that if Thule didn't recommend them, other generic fittings would be unlikely to work properly.

I went down the OEM route and found someone on ebay selling new sets for about £120 less than VW. They are still expensive, but seem fine. My only caution, from the Golf experience is to make sure that everything is very clean to avoid leaving scratches on the roof.
PWRoccoR

Post by PWRoccoR »

Apologies for the late reply. I was worried OEM might be the only option as I still have a set of footpace/aero bars from my previous car which would have looked good on the rocco as well as being cheaper. Ill keep a look out for any sets on eBay. is there a specific part no? forgot to ask when I was into VW to ask.
ben3runwilson
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Wingback seats
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

I know this is a bit late but I have a Scirocco R 2015 and I've fitted these roof bars (link below) they need 2 people to fit and aren't quick release but seem to do the job nicely.
The front fit on by securing around a pin in the door seal and the back goes in the window seal but is held on only by the force of you tightening it and clamping it to the car...

Aluminium Roof Bars to fit Volkswagen Scirocco 2008 Onwards * FREE 48H DELIVERY * " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

I know this is a bit late but I have a Scirocco R 2015 and I've fitted these roof bars (link below) they need 2 people to fit and aren't quick release but seem to do the job nicely.
The front fit on by securing around a pin in the door seal and the back goes in the window seal but is held on only by the force of you tightening it and clamping it to the car...

Aluminium Roof Bars to fit Volkswagen Scirocco 2008 Onwards * FREE 48H DELIVERY * " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_0825.JPG

ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

IMG_0825.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Post by ben3runwilson »

Had to post pics separately... Not sure why.. Sorry
IMG_0826.JPG

PWRoccoR

Post by PWRoccoR »

ben3runwilson wrote:Had to post pics separately... Not sure why.. Sorry
IMG_0826.JPG

Looks like they could end my search. Wish Thule would make a fitting kit for these to use my previous kit. Thanks mate :yes:
ben3runwilson
Dynoaudio
90% Tint

Facelift R Roof bars

Post by ben3runwilson »

The instructions to build take a little figuring out but it's do-able. Here are some more pics (sorry it's dark)ImageImage

norco
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather

Post by norco »

I just took my pre alpina bars off my old scirocco and they have left one 5mm rust spot on one side and scratched the hell out of the other. This is just over the drivers door. Also, both keys broke off in the locks as they appear to be made from lead foil. Mine where on for nearly 3 years will occasional lubing but perhaps they would respond better to more regular tlc. Sorry to post a downer on the bars but they are not well made. I hope you have better luck! Hoping i can get a tow bar for my new car but not looking great at the mo..
norco

Post by norco »

Hello!

I may need to resort to putting this system back on my new car an dwas wondering if you had removed the door seals to allow you to get the position exact? I had problems getting the seals to sit perfectly after installing the bars. TIA!
norco

Post by norco »

Actually forget that. i just went to seasuckers talon instead.