Smoothed front

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jake-w07
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Smoothed front

Post by Jake-w07 »

Hi guys I've just had the front bumper resprayed and smoothed on my pre face R and wondering where everybody suggest I put my plate. Got some gel plates on order from europl8 so waiting for them to arrive to put it on. Open to suggestions [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maisonian
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510 & Dynaudio Soundpack
19" Talladega Alloys (Gunmetal grey)
Leather Seats
Dual Bonnet Strut Kit
Kerscher CF Front Lip Spoiler
Maxton Designs CF under runners
Dectane Litec Smoked Rear Lights
Forge Twin-take Induction Kit
GFB DV+
Modified Audi TTs Engine cover & peripherals

Re: Smoothed front

Post by Maisonian »

After all that work, it'd be a shame to hide the un-spoilt look of the front. I saw a mod a little while back where some high-powered magnets are installed in the upper lip (just above where the central grill opens to the radiators) which allows a plate to be magnetically mounted (it had an L shaped bracket attached to it), and removed for shows/photos etc.

As for a perma-mounting, the only alternative mounting points I can think of are over the Drivers side vent (I believe this side is a facade vent and doesn't actually act as an intake) and mount as a box-plate, or wrapped centrally across the narrow strip between the black bonnet grill and the lower grill; think there's someone else on here that's got it printed on the bumper itself in 'legal font', but it's actually a part of the bumper itself (yay for white cars!)
Scirocco R - Converting Petrol into Fun via the Wallet.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=22769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maisonian
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510 & Dynaudio Soundpack
19" Talladega Alloys (Gunmetal grey)
Leather Seats
Dual Bonnet Strut Kit
Kerscher CF Front Lip Spoiler
Maxton Designs CF under runners
Dectane Litec Smoked Rear Lights
Forge Twin-take Induction Kit
GFB DV+
Modified Audi TTs Engine cover & peripherals

Re: Smoothed front

Post by Maisonian »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - one example of the magnet-plates

Example location of 'side mounted' plate

Scirocco R - Converting Petrol into Fun via the Wallet.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=22769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;