Induction Kit

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Induction Kit

Post by Tymondo »

Is is worth spending the money on an induction kit?

Im only planning a revo stage 1 and just weighing up the pro's and con's and wanted peoples opinion on them.

Doing a little research some suggest its purely beneficial acoustically ?
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Induction Kit

Post by Paradox1 »

If you are going stage 1, leave the whole car stock....
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

It certainly wouldn't hurt, there's no reason to leave the car stock and only go for stage 1 software....
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Jake-w07
In: Candy White

Post by Jake-w07 »

Definitely worth while I've got the revo cai on mine sounds great and helps the engine breath a little better [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Thanks a lot guy. I’m going to take the plunge and get one.

I think I’m going to change the cambelt as its 2011 with 80k on the clock so that’s going to take priority. Next questions is Revo or APR :/
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CandyCupcake
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: 90% Tints
Car-Net App-Connect
Keyless Entry
Wing Mirrors in Gloss Black
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Dynaudio
Panoramic Sunroof (free of charge!)
Cruise Control (also free of charge!)

Post by CandyCupcake »

I've just had APR stage 1, and I absolutely love it! I don't know if there are any pros and cons for either product, I think it just comes down to personal preference :) but I'm sure others will comment on their experiences with each!
Jake-w07
In: Candy White

Post by Jake-w07 »

Yeah I would have the belt changed asap if it's never been done.

I went for a custom remap on a rolling road, factor in an uprated clutch kit as mine soon went on stg1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Turns out the cambelt was done last month which is a result.

Ive been looking at remap's for the last 3 years and just from reading what i have seen its seems Revo is less aggressive than APR (obviously im not sure if thats the truth). Im based in Northampton so i have both on more doorstep.

Now i know the cambelt and waterpump has been changed i can try and source some leather seats as i have cloth am im not to keen on the looks! :yes:

tommy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

Tymondo wrote:Thanks a lot guy. I’m going to take the plunge and get one.
if you get an enclosed one, make sure you check the inside every now and then (esp if you live in the country side :fall: ) http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 31&t=22469
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

tommy wrote:
Tymondo wrote:Thanks a lot guy. I’m going to take the plunge and get one.
if you get an enclosed one, make sure you check the inside every now and then (esp if you live in the country side :fall: ) http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 31&t=22469
Thanks for the heads up, so luck so for them being easy maintenance

Shakeystevo

Post by Shakeystevo »

My Evoms v-flow stage 1 intake is going up for sale if you're interested [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Shakeystevo wrote:My Evoms v-flow stage 1 intake is going up for sale if you're interested [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
How much do you want for it?

Matty81

Post by Matty81 »

Does an open type filter ass much noise?
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Took the plunge and got a VWR induction kit as recommended by Will at VRS in Northampton.

Throttle response hugely improved and it does make one hell of a noise. Engine bay needs some work as I don't have a TTS engine cover at the moment but overall It was worth the money for anyone thinking about investing

Matty81

Post by Matty81 »

How much was it? And I guess it's only loud when you floor it?
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

£450 but I figured it will have some value if I come to sell it in the future.

Not necessarily, it's making a noise if you take your foot off the accelerator and at lows revs. Not the reason I bought but I am that side of it