65 plate White Scirocco R Stolen Leeds

Everything about the R for potential owners.
busy t
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

65 plate White Scirocco R Stolen Leeds

Post by busy t »

Hi all,

Just to give you a heads up in case anyone hears/see's anything and also to warn people.

On Wednesday evening 7:45ish someone entered my house and stole my keys whilst I was in. They made away with my month old white Scirocco R, it had approximately 1050 miles on it.

It was clearly a targeted burglary as they took nothing else, except some Vauxhall Insignia keys (they left the car). The police think that car was stolen to order and that the perpetrators will have followed me home and watched the house over a few days. The car was clocked on a camera heading into the Shipley/Bradford area.

Please be extra careful as it is not a nice feeling.

Thanks,
Tom
Jojreynolds
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Re: 65 plate White Scirocco R Stolen Leeds

Post by Jojreynolds »

Wow sorry to hear that dude. Hope it all works out in the end. Really feel for you [emoji30]
DonGibon
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by DonGibon »

Thats gotta be one of the worst feelings :(( Really sorry to hear this and good luck getting it back
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Sorry to hear this. Hope they get the scum who did it.
busy t
In: Pure White

Post by busy t »

Thanks.

The car has not been recovered and CID Serious Organised Crime Unit concluded their investigation yesterday. The only information that they were able to gather was that my neighbour saw a man of middle eastern appearance stood outside my front door around the time that the car was stolen.

I'm into the 7th week now since the police and my insurer were informed, so am hoping that a resolution will be reached swiftly.

Does anyone have any experience with a total loss insurance claim?

My insurance policy states that if the car is under a year old then they will replace it like-for-like. I hope that this is the case.
etotheip
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

I feel your pain
Still going strong =)
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White

Post by rpsmith79 »

Sorry to hear this, i have had a car stolen before and its a horrible feeling (long time ago now, when all you needed was a rusty screwdriver, lol), but i still don't understand why people leave car keys out and esy to find, mine stay in my jeans pocket at all times, and then come up to bed with me at night