Special Offer Lease Deal

Everything about the R for potential owners.
rich146

Special Offer Lease Deal

Post by rich146 »

Some of you may know there was an amazing lease deal on the Scirocco R towards the end of last month. Has this been a one off so far or do they come around from time to time?
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tallguy

Re: Special Offer Lease Deal

Post by Tallguy »

The Scirocco R is not selling that well (see the number of demonstrators for sale at VW dealers) so a good lease deal is probably the best way to go at the moment. If you buy one, the depreciation will be pretty horrific in say 3 years.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The R is not selling because the pricing is wrong and the fact it still uses the older EA113 engine.
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Buy a scirocco r for more money than you can buy a golf r. Golf has more power and 4wd and hold its money better. And they wonder why the scirocco r isn't selling.

Saying that I found a lease deal the other week for a brand new scirocco r for less than £170 a month. But it was £2000 deposit
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Post by andyy »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Buy a scirocco r for more money than you can buy a golf r. Golf has more power and 4wd and hold its money better. And they wonder why the scirocco r isn't selling.

Saying that I found a lease deal the other week for a brand new scirocco r for less than £170 a month. But it was £2000 deposit
I think quite a few people off here got that deal! Emc is only £263 over the 2 years!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

This was over 2 years.
And I'll be honest I was very tempted to go and buy one at that price. Was just the £2k deposit I wasn't happy with and that I'm saving for a house. That £2k is gone straight away and at the end you have to start from scratch again.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
rich146

Post by rich146 »

Im one of the ones that took the special lease deal last month. I agree with your comments about the old platform and over pricing but I'd have one of these over a common golf any day. I did some rough calculations and worked out that the lease deal of £156 a month and 2.4k deposit works out the equivalent to a vehicle costing around 20k or so following a similar depreciation trend , so they technically reduced the price by 10-12k or there abouts looking at it in a way to try and make sense in figures. I think lease is the way to go especially if you still want a new car each time but don't want the large loan figure putting a hole in your credit score or borrowing ability. There are loads of excellent lease deals out there. If you really wanted cheap driving then I've seen a C1 with extras for around £100 a month all in!
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Post by andyy »

rich146 wrote:Im one of the ones that took the special lease deal last month. I agree with your comments about the old platform and over pricing but I'd have one of these over a common golf any day. I did some rough calculations and worked out that the lease deal of £156 a month and 2.4k deposit works out the equivalent to a vehicle costing around 20k or so following a similar depreciation trend , so they technically reduced the price by 10-12k or there abouts looking at it in a way to try and make sense in figures. I think lease is the way to go especially if you still want a new car each time but don't want the large loan figure putting a hole in your credit score or borrowing ability. There are loads of excellent lease deals out there. If you really wanted cheap driving then I've seen a C1 with extras for around £100 a month all in!
It will still affect your credit rating (slightly as any loan would) as you have to pay up until the stated handback date (-VAT) if you want to get shot early... Whereas if you got a car on pcp / hp you could sell or trade the car in to get out of the payments straight away.

I digress.. That lease was cracking! enjoy your new car :D
rich146

Post by rich146 »

I worked out based on similar monthly repayments and deposit as the lease deal you would have to take on a 7 or more year loan affording only the basic 1.4 scirocco ( new vehicle ) and that's if you also qualify for a good interest rate. My calculations were based around 3.6% apr on a private loan. If you had to get out you might come out of a pcp or personal loan breaking even if you are really lucky within the the 2 year lease period with the basic scirocco , but more likely you will have to eat into negative equity to do so ( rate of depreciation vs monthly payments ). You will only start to see positive equity once you've owned the car for around 3 years onwards I worked out . Obviously the higher the monthly repayments the more you beat depreciation rate but again this is based on similar repayments as the lease deal. There is also an unknown as you don't know how much you will get privately + all the privately selling hassle . You most certainly would be into negative equity if you purchased an R and the loan would be well over 10 years ( based on similar repayments ). With this lease deal ( apart from mileage and pending inspection ) you know exactly how much the whole deal is costing and monthly repayments are less which is what another creditor would look at . Anyway in a nutshell the deal is giving us a 32k car for the price of a 20k or less car. Repayments would be twice as much on a personal loan or pcp over .

So are you saying that that any remaining payments outstanding would be reduced by VAT deduction on the lease ? You wouldn't get this on a personal loan or pcp right ? You would still have to pay the full agreed borrowed amount ?

Disclaimer - the figures I've roughly worked out are by no means an accurate picture on what someone might get as every deal is different so treat the above as an example in my particular situation and my own calculations at that time. Do your own working out to make a decision that suits you. :) thank you.
rich146

Post by rich146 »

andyy wrote:
rich146 wrote:Im one of the ones that took the special lease deal last month. I agree with your comments about the old platform and over pricing but I'd have one of these over a common golf any day. I did some rough calculations and worked out that the lease deal of £156 a month and 2.4k deposit works out the equivalent to a vehicle costing around 20k or so following a similar depreciation trend , so they technically reduced the price by 10-12k or there abouts looking at it in a way to try and make sense in figures. I think lease is the way to go especially if you still want a new car each time but don't want the large loan figure putting a hole in your credit score or borrowing ability. There are loads of excellent lease deals out there. If you really wanted cheap driving then I've seen a C1 with extras for around £100 a month all in!
It will still affect your credit rating (slightly as any loan would) as you have to pay up until the stated handback date (-VAT) if you want to get shot early... Whereas if you got a car on pcp / hp you could sell or trade the car in to get out of the payments straight away.

I digress.. That lease was cracking! enjoy your new car :D
And thank you :)
Adam90
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by Adam90 »

Where exactly are you seeing these deals?
JSH

Post by JSH »

The headline deal was £129 + VAT on business contract hire deal with a £2.2K deposit. Based on a 2 yr deal with 10K miles per annum. I believe that VWUK released 250 cars to the dealers with something like £10k pricing support.

I have ordered one in Rising blue for £150 per month. Even If you factor in the deposit it's a fairly cheap way of driving a £30K car. My Golf GTD costs more than that.

My build week is confirmed as W/C 12/10/2015
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

It is seriously cheap.
And if i wasn't saving for a house I would of bought one without a doubt..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

This deal is clearly only available to business rather than private users. To do that sort of deal, the cars are obviously not selling (simply they are not worth £30k+).
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

It was available on both personal and business deals.
I know because I was tempted to go personal myself.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Whitey83
In: Pure White

Post by Whitey83 »

I've had a build date confirmed for a Manual white - 5/10/15, so hoping for a late October delivery!
R80SSL
In: Deep Black

Post by R80SSL »

Mines build week 43. Looking forward to it. Hopefully save a little bit on fuel from my current too :). Got deep black pearl on 1+23 for £258 Inc Vat. Happy with that. :)
Rid_1

Post by Rid_1 »

Wow - you got a really good deal there. Which broker did you go with? I've gone for the pearl black as well (BW 43) and I'm paying just over 200pm with 2580 up front inc admin fee. I have gone for maintenance included but thats only £15/20pm.
JSH

Post by JSH »

Just got the call that mine has arrived at the dealers. Build week was W/C 12th Oct
R80SSL

Post by R80SSL »

get mines next wed 25th Nov, cannot wait. will miss my M135i though :(

I stripped all money out my deal (my end and at the dealers) as I work for a leasing broker (First Vehicle Leasing)