Used R prices

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Gmanr

Used R prices

Post by Gmanr »

On the hunt for a Scirocco R,
10/12 plate and prices seem to be all over the place.
What should I be looking to pay for say a well specced 11 plate r with around 30k miles?

Thanks
SMB
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, Parking, Panoramic Roof, Deep Black, Heated Seats, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Dynaudio, 19", Colour display, Electric folding Mirrors, cruise, Parking Sensors

Re: Used R prices

Post by SMB »

I'm not seeing prices being all over the place, prices for a decent non intergalactic mileage r probably start around 14k, and increase dependant on mileage, spec and condition. Cheapest cars will be base spec early cars, and those below that will likely have a higher mileage, or a history , there are some cat c/d cars out there that will be worth no more than 2/3rds normal retail.

Your other posts suggests you are new to sciroccos so make sure you are seeing an R not an R line or a car with the R body kit added when comparing. The buying guide you have a link to will help.

At the end of the day the R is a relatively rare car, around 750 in the uk, probably less than 500 in the age range you are looking for, so prices will depend on how much someone really wants a particular car
Gmanr

Post by Gmanr »

Thanks for the reply, although I've not seen any advertised at 14k.
Prices I'm seeing are 17 to 22?
Would you say 18k for a 11 plate on a private sale to much?
SMB
Options: RNS510, Parking, Panoramic Roof, Deep Black, Heated Seats, Leather, Electric Drivers Seat, Dynaudio, 19", Colour display, Electric folding Mirrors, cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by SMB »

What's the spec and mileage, leather and sat nav will typically add to the value, the rest is down to personal taste,

Do you have a link?

If it's a clean, genuine car that could be a sensible price, may even be cheap. Cars at the 14k end of the market will probably need tlc, cheapest I have seen was 13k for an ex finance repossession with nearly 100k on it.
Gmanr

Post by Gmanr »

I've seen the car on the Autotrader, has full spec.
Leather, sat Nav, sun roof, dab radio ect,
Looks very good condition with 30k miles.

18k sound about right?
SMB

Post by SMB »

I assume as there are no cars on autotrader at that spec / mileage , the 18k is what you want to offer, 18k will get you a 2010 car with 26k miles privately with most options, or you go to 20k for a dealer provided one.

Edited to add - ok I think I've found the one you are looking at, 61 plate , from the pictures it looks a lovely car, dab wasn't standard at that age so it's been added. But condition looks great so 18 would be too low i think for that one.
Fearon15

Post by Fearon15 »

2010-2012 cat d price ranges from 14k to 17k with 25 to 35k mileage 25 percent lower than the original price
and usual going price between 18k to 25k with similar mileage for the R Spec without blueooth and Sat nav.
Sat nav and bluetooth will raise the price by 1k to 1500 as this is an added extra usually costing the buyer £2500 or more.
most people go for the standard radio cd player because of the cost but i must say the sat nav and bluetooth does come in handy if you wish to play music from your mobile .the
latest version Bluetooth has the ability to create a wifi hot spot in the car so youll be able to connect laptop ot tablet and use data from your mobile to stream the net in your car great for passengers to entertain their selfs.
also the ability to read out received text and display this cost around £2650 alone fitted from VW. can always get it fitted once you buy a Scirocco R with the basic system :) Hope that helps
Sincs
In: Candy White
Options: Leathers, Dynaudio, Bluetooth Premium, Talladega 19's

Post by Sincs »

I've also noticed that prices are all over the place a bit. Which has made it hard for me to price my R, which I am currently selling :nod:

But generally speaking, usually you get what you pay for. I've seen some R's for £14k-£15k.... but if it isn't high mileage for the age, cloth seats and a manual gearbox making them cheap, then I'm pretty sure that on closer inspection the body work and interior condition will show why it's priced so low.

Anyway, here's mine if you're interested... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 20&t=19675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gmanr

Post by Gmanr »

Having a look at one tomorrow, if I like it I will buy it.
Fingers crossed it's as good as it looks.
ShaunF
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: .....

Post by ShaunF »

I just bought one last month from a VW dealer. 61 plate 2012 with 23k on the clock and paid £20500 for it. I thought it was a reasonable price for a main dealer.
JamesR

Post by JamesR »

I was really lucky with mine. I have a 2013 candy white R with DSG Bluetooth sat nav etc. it had only done 7590 miles when I bought it with main dealer service history. The bloke I bought it from Mrs was making him sell so I only paid 18k for the car which I think was a steal! I was the first person to call and was lucky as he had 200 calls by the time I collected the car! I don't have a picture with a small enough file size so here is a link to a pic of mine

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ericshaun1986
I drive a: R-Line
In: Flash Red
Options: Tornado Red, 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , heated seats, heated mirrors, parking sensors.

Post by Ericshaun1986 »

That is a steal JamesR! Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Rising Blue

Post by andyy »

I was looking for an R for about 7-8 months. For an ave. one with an okay spec (leather and rns310) and sub 60k miles, the prices were around 17 - 18k. For the same with sub 50k miles, the prices were between 18k - 25k. There were some 60 plate, poverty spec ones wirh 50-60k miles for 16k knocking about.

If you want DSG, recaros, rns510, pan roof and parking sensors (as i did) then be prepared to pay 23k at least.. but good luck finding one with all them. I gave up and bought an R32 with the spec above :)
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Mines a 2010 R bought with 33,000 on the clock. Spec in signature so relatively good I paid £17,995 this was from VW
etotheip
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Just sold mine and is at VW Coventry
Still going strong =)