Doesthe scirocco R 2015 Aluminium mirror covers fit the 2011

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Fearon15
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Doesthe scirocco R 2015 Aluminium mirror covers fit the 2011

Post by Fearon15 »

Hi guys I'm pretty new to this forum got my self a scirocco r deep black as a project something to keep me busy this summer :p. I've got the older shape scirocco r in black and really like the new 2015 scirocco r aluminium silver color mirror covers ,but not sure if they will fit the older shape. Has any one fitted this to their previous model scirocco r ?. What I do know is vw charges £280 for the set and because it's by order they won't provide a refund if they dont fit, which I have been told by a few vw outlets. They also don't seem to know if it will fit their self's which is bizarre. Any help would be good guys even a recommendation of how to find out. Or a website that sells simular ones for my shape it just gives the car that va va voom well needed :)Thanks guys
Stu13R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: Doesthe scirocco R 2015 Aluminium mirror covers fit the

Post by Stu13R »

I have the same ones by mistake as I ordered black and got silver, although I actually really like them now. Audi have them as standard for their RS range and I believe it's not an option for the lower moddls. Luckilly I'm getting given a set of gloss black as spares when they arrive.

With fitting have you parked next to a face lift model to see if they have visually changed shape. If the shape is the same I doubt there would be internal differences as no point spending the money updating what you can't see. I didn't notice a difference myself but I'd like to see one parked next to me before I parted with the cash. :)
Fearon15

Post by Fearon15 »

Nope I haven't seen the new model yet and it seems like all the vw's locally don't stuck the new shape scirocco r as it cost them alot to display I have heard. I have seen a few retro fit ones on this forum nit sure we're people purchase them from checked ebay didn't see any except from the carbon fibre. I had even purchased this matt chrome one from ebay and it didn't fit :( . The company even said they would as they are specially designed for my car well the mirrors,bu was out by 1cm.
Stu13R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

Fearon15 wrote:Nope I haven't seen the new model yet and it seems like all the vw's locally don't stuck the new shape scirocco r as it cost them alot to display I have heard. I have seen a few retro fit ones on this forum nit sure we're people purchase them from checked ebay didn't see any except from the carbon fibre. I had even purchased this matt chrome one from ebay and it didn't fit :( . The company even said they would as they are specially designed for my car well the mirrors,bu was out by 1cm.
If you haven't got an answer by next week when I get back from holiday I will find out for you. I can pop to the local VW dealer and take photos of my face lift model and the previous model.
Fearon15

Post by Fearon15 »

Hi I still haven't found out if you could take photos you'll be an absolute life saver . I've found a aluminum cover on amazon for the scirocco but seller still hasn't got back to be if they will fit. They make a major difference gives it that stand out feature among other specs of the scirocco so Ill definetely be getting them just all depends on if it will fit and placing a non refundable order