Reversing Camera

Everything about the R for potential owners.
drmyers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: SatNav, Leather (Truffle), Wint Pack, Girl Sensors, Smoking pack, Mats, Tele Prep, Tyre Pressure,

Reversing Camera

Post by drmyers »

Hi Guys

Reversing Camera:

Can anyone tell my why VW are not allowing this option for the R? :? They have it for the lower end models R-Line and GT but not the R. Which seems a bit mad as you would expect it to be on their flagship model or at least have it as an option.

I checked online an in Australia its standard on the new 2015 R model, which tells me its nothing to do with shape or fitting and they use the same RNS510 head unit.

I have mailed VW customer support, If I get a response from them I will post it on here. But I just wanted to know from the forum if anyone new why VW have restricted this option.

Thanks
Darren
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: Reversing Camera

Post by Stu13R »

I asked the same question and it's something to do with the available connections. I was told you can either have DAB or reversing camera which sounded ridiculous.
I have an independent ice expert coming to look at mine in 2 weeks to see if he can fit a retro one, which he thinks should be easy. He fitted one to my previous Caddy for £120.
chelspeed
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

I have DAB on my RNS510 on a 2013 R. I retrofitted a reversing camera last year and it went fine. There was an empty video in socket on the back of the RNS510. Can't really see why the DAB would use the video socket. DAB still works on mine.

This would also imply that DAB is only available on the R which I don't think is the case.
Rocco1
In: Deep Black
Options: Apr stage 2+. Fully loaded.

Post by Rocco1 »

Yes it sucks that new sciroccos nor the old ones come with these reverse camera unless you sacrifice for some option which is not easy. I have the same problem and i decided to look up on google and found this and already ordered as well. This will fit to any scirocco including R only if you are not using factory radio http://www.icar-tech.de/shop/index.php? ... uct_id=665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but if you are using factory radio then you must go for these http://www.icar-tech.de/shop/index.php? ... ath=82_124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; RGB-V100 AND RGBV100IPAS which is even better. In addition to the rigid distance lines also are in the rear view camera image dynamic lines appears that depending on the steering wheel turning always show the current track of your vehicle.

I HOPE IT WOULD HELP 8) .
Stu13R
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

Great reply Rocco1. I will be interested to see how your install goes and will look at this option myself. :clap:
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

It's a legacy issue, head units without integrated DAB use the aux connectors for the DAB unit to provide data to the head unit so you couldn't have DAB and reversing camera. Head units with integrated DAB can have a reversing camera attached as the aux connectors are free.

VW sorted the basic issue back in '13 for legacy platform vehicles but didn't really make it clear to the dealers and didn't change the factory build codes to reflect the revised HU so the option code for the reversing camera switches the HU to a non DAB version.
drmyers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: SatNav, Leather (Truffle), Wint Pack, Girl Sensors, Smoking pack, Mats, Tele Prep, Tyre Pressure,

Post by drmyers »

Guys....GREAT NEWS! Did some research on this subject, and question VW Cust services. As the 2015 Australian version of the R comes with a camera as standard... They initially gave me some BS about boot shape, but I explained that really didnt cut it, as the boot is pretty much the same on all versions bar a spoiler and badge stuff on the back.

Got the news today, they are adding this to my Build £ Cost free.

Help to ask these things :vibes:
chelspeed
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Rocco1 wrote:This will fit to any scirocco including R only if you are not using factory radio http://www.icar-tech.de/shop/index.php? ... uct_id=665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but if you are using factory radio then you must go for these http://www.icar-tech.de/shop/index.php? ... ath=82_124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; RGB-V100 AND RGBV100IPAS which is even better.
Any feedback? Have you fitted it yet? Which one did you order? Can't see RGBV100IPAS. Think I would want RGBV100 for a new R with discovery media?
Edu7
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White

Post by Edu7 »

Any news on the camera?

S2
smilesapart
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control.
Electric Panoramic Glass Roof.
Rear View Camera.
Electric Folding Mirrors.
90% Heat Insulated Tinted Glass.
Paint Protection.
Mud Flaps.
Mud Flaps Front & Rear.

Post by smilesapart »

Well done for kicking up a fuss - its was an option I took on my R-Line and I too think it should be standard on the R.
Edu7
In: Oryx White

Post by Edu7 »

Good evening
It can be installed in the new Scirocco?
We know any news about this?

s2
Rocco1

Post by Rocco1 »

Sorry for coming back after a long time but after all attempts there's nothing that really fits and I've no reverse camera. I'm using pioneer player due to heavy audio system and everybody says with pioneer it can't be installed unless you've original player which is RGB and should not be AV. Anything from any of you guys? Unfortunately I crashed my old scirocco r manual and now own a DDG. Still fully tuned. But right now the turbo has problem with cartridge. Please reply if anybody can find a new OEM k04 turbo for scirocco r 2015 280ps? I'll be more then thankful.
Veratio

Post by Veratio »

Old post, but...

I am in Sweden, drive a 2016 Scirocco R and I have a reverse camera. I think it was standard. But since the post is old, maybe it´s standard nowadays everywhere!
Rocco1

Post by Rocco1 »

Is it factory camera or you installed it after? Is it connected to the factory head or after market 1?