Official pictures!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
rako
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Alarm, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Pack, Sport Pack, 18'' Interlagos, Dynaudio, Badgeless Back

Re: Official pictures!

Post by rako »

[youtube][/youtube]
sciroccokartei
Options: Original

Post by sciroccokartei »

Here are my personal official pictures....................

http://sciroccokartei.de/html/scirocco_r/index.html
Greetings Gregor
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Quote "Kev" - Were are the front indicators now?

I'm curious as well. Detail photos on the links show a blank square "in board" of the LED side lights. Is this car still a concept car? I can't spot any indicators on the front.
Why, cos I want to fit the LED side lights to mine ...... when I finally get hold of it!

Also, the rear lights are supposed to be "dark tinted". It looks subtle.

Just hope that one doesn't need a chassis number like RSi Beetles for the special parts bin raid.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Kev wrote:Were are the front indicators now?
Kev,

I think I've worked out where they are from the detail photos above.

They are the inboard "headlight" units. The lens is not a beam unit but more like a multi crystal affair. And there is a hint of amber in the reflectors.

Then the clue came today in an Audi showroom. The Audi TT Roadster has the same lamp unit (not the same headlight overall though) on it's inboard units. The bulb used is silvered at the front dome end but amber towards the base to light up in the reflector in amber. So the Scirocco R has only the outside HID units as headlights.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
TonyR83
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Model Year 2011
-19" Talladega
-RNS 510
-cruise control
-volumetric alarm
-mirrors pack
-bluetooth Premium (Rsap)
-light assist
-no ACC = DCC in Italy

Post by TonyR83 »

It's a nice car,I like in blue but I want to see in white at live when it will be in the showroom :) The price is almost high, right? in german, 34.000 euro, 6000 less of S3 that has the same engine but traction 4x4 Haldex, and more refined. Do you know if the Scirocco R will be the DCC suspension or a specific suspension, but not electronic? Thanks for your answers!

Ordered 15th April
Build week 28 (12-18 July)
Charged 2nd August
Expected arrival 6/15 August