Scriocco R Advice - Just about to part with £36k

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Re: Scriocco R Advice - Just about to part with £36k

Post by Stu13R »

drmyers wrote:Never heard of orange wheels, are they similar to Carwow? they were the people I used to get quotes from. And they ranged from £36k with my spec and extras down to £32k. I'm happy I got mine then with the new Facelift, rumours have it of full change in 2017.
I read on a German site that the new model is due in 2017, but late in the year and may not be available in the UK until sometime in 2018. It will be the new MQB platform but at present a 4wd option isn't in the list of models.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I used orangewheels as a bargaining tool when buying my car. Took the quote to vw dealer and said will you match it. They said yes straight away.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I used orangewheels as a bargaining tool when buying my car. Took the quote to vw dealer and said will you match it. They said yes straight away.
Ahh that's good to know! My local vw have said they would match. But it's all a bit 'pie in the sky' at the moment.. and whether they honour it is a different story! I really need to make my mind up on what car I want next and when I am going to man up and buy one! Plus my gf is getting pis*ed off at me going to look at cars nearly every weekend haha.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

andyy wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:I used orangewheels as a bargaining tool when buying my car. Took the quote to vw dealer and said will you match it. They said yes straight away.
Ahh that's good to know! My local vw have said they would match. But it's all a bit 'pie in the sky' at the moment.. and whether they honour it is a different story! I really need to make my mind up on what car I want next and when I am going to man up and buy one! Plus my gf is getting pis*ed off at me going to look at cars nearly every weekend haha.

My dealer matched it straight away. But when a friend of the family went to buy a scirocco the same dealer wasn't intersted in the slightest . Guess it comes down to if they need to meet sales targets or not.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
andyy wrote:

My dealer matched it straight away. But when a friend of the family went to buy a scirocco the same dealer wasn't intersted in the slightest . Guess it comes down to if they need to meet sales targets or not.
Yeah I guess so! If they don't honour it I will either go via the dealership orangewheels use.. They have one down south and one up north.. although wouldn't tell me until I ordered! Another option is to just wait for the perfect used R to come up..
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

Further to my last post, there are a number of the latest model Scirocco R's for sale in the used car section of the VW UK website which tells me this model is not selling that well because a) there will be a new model within a few years b) it is overpriced. I am not looking for one but if I was £26/27k would be the most I would pay. The previous model R is selling well because it is at a price level (ie under £20k) many more people can afford.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

Tallguy wrote:Further to my last post, there are a number of the latest model Scirocco R's for sale in the used car section of the VW UK website which tells me this model is not selling that well because a) there will be a new model within a few years b) it is overpriced. I am not looking for one but if I was £26/27k would be the most I would pay. The previous model R is selling well because it is at a price level (ie under £20k) many more people can afford.
The new model will be 2017 at the earliest and probably be 2wd still.

I was going to get a new RS5 when APR were developing a supercharger kit for it. After nearly 18 months they decided to drop the project entirely and everyone waiting had done so for nothing. Personally I wouldn't wait for something coming out in 2-3 years time because you could say why bother because someone else is bringing something out better in another years time.

If you have already ordered it and can afford to pay the price for a new one then job done and just enjoy it when it arrives.

Sounds mad but I know someone who buys a brand new Merc every year. A bit extravagant for my pocket but he can afford it and says it's like a second birthday each year.