Scirocco R Face Lift

Everything about the R for potential owners.
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Scirocco R Face Lift

Post by flashash »

I went to look at a new Scirocco R today just to see what it was like and I was pleasantly surprised. It had Recaro seats and they were superb. Rising Blue, The interior has loads of subtle changes and the Dash Dials looked quite good I thought. The Cadiz wheels in 19' inch suit it. The changes make the car look fresher and meaner.

Not seen any on the road but a few are starting to pop up in dealers. Worryingly the prices of them from new are dropping drastically. There are pre Reg cars with 1k miles on for around £30k these configure around 38 to 40 K. Big money!!!
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Scirocco R Face Lift

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I certainly wouldnt buy a scirocco for £38k . Plenty of other cars i would be choosing at that price range.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

trouble is being trounced by its more practical new brother given the new platform and engine
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Stu13R
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I certainly wouldnt buy a scirocco for £38k . Plenty of other cars i would be choosing at that price range.
I agree the new prices are too high. My 2.0 Tdi with all the mods would have been £34k, but at 6 months old and 7k miles I picked it up for £21.5k.

The mad thing is my mate just ordered a new shape 2.0Tdi TT with similar mods for just over £34k.
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I certainly wouldnt buy a scirocco for £38k . Plenty of other cars i would be choosing at that price range.
I totally agree. Crazy how much they lose in value though.
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

I'm just waiting another 6-18 months to buy now! The facelift R's have really grown on me.

The amount of leased Golf 7R's is crazy. So as soon as they flood the market, prices of Rocco R's should drop (imo of course).
wigit

Post by wigit »

andyy wrote:I'm just waiting another 6-18 months to buy now! The facelift R's have really grown on me.

The amount of leased Golf 7R's is crazy. So as soon as they flood the market, prices of Rocco R's should drop (imo of course).
Golf Rs are currently on a 31 week lead so not swamping the market, i waited 12 for mine, wife has waited 31 weeks, lease ones are great until you venture into options, i've had a no option R for a few days this week and if looking used i'd go with toys, ironically the 31 weeks means residuals fairly strong

Rocco R is always going to appeal to those who want a coupe and not a bog standard hatch
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by andyy »

wigit wrote:
andyy wrote:I'm just waiting another 6-18 months to buy now! The facelift R's have really grown on me.

Golf Rs are currently on a 31 week lead so not swamping the market, i waited 12 for mine, wife has waited 31 weeks, lease ones are great until you venture into options, i've had a no option R for a few days this week and if looking used i'd go with toys, ironically the 31 weeks means residuals fairly strong

Rocco R is always going to appeal to those who want a coupe and not a bog standard hatch
Yeah there is a waiting list / long lead time currently. But there are alot of (poverty spec) golf Rs that are on a very cheap leases. So when they all eventually come onto the market they will be pretty cheap.
wigit

Post by wigit »

fortunately ours have the correct toys and mine will be gone before they flood, used are a bit silly at the moment and almost tempted to let it go
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

You don't have too. Last time I looked, DTD prices for DSGs started at around 29.5K (not including any ppp discount), rising to around 33.5K for most of the kit, including panoramic roof. Local franchise dealer agreed to match.

That said, wouldn't be wanting to pay that for an aging model. And as for the dials, don't get me started.
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

At the end of the day, the Scirocco is a 2008 model with a mild facelift. Give it 6 months or so and I would bet there are some good deals about on near new low mileage cars. I would not want to pay more than £25/£26k for a facelift Scirocco R.