Rns510

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jaffa14
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather seats, dsg, dynaudio soundsystem, 19 inch talladega, cruise control, parking sensors

Rns510

Post by Jaffa14 »

My rns 510 got stolen the other day and I need a replacement! The insurance are
Being as awkward as possible and offering 500 pound only! I have since found out that it's going to cost 2800 - this can't be right! I even rang vw up and asked the parts department! I have seen them for
Sale on eBay from about 500 pound though. Am I missing something or could I just purchase one of those and will it be exactly the same through the dynaudio system?
skydemon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R line pedals :-)

Re: Rns510

Post by skydemon »

Just get one off eBay mate. I did. It won't affect the dynaudio as that's an amp and speakers it just plugs into. Try and get the dab model if you can afford it. HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Sorry to hear that you're RNS510 was stolen. If you buy one off ebay from a local seller, you might end up buying your own one back.

Hope you get it sorted and don't end up too much out of pocket.
skydemon
In: Deep Black
Options: R line pedals :-)

Post by skydemon »

That's actually a good idea. Search for one within a 25 mile radius. You may get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaffa14
Options: Leather seats, dsg, dynaudio soundsystem, 19 inch talladega, cruise control, parking sensors

Post by Jaffa14 »

Cheers guys I know nothing about it and vw aren't really helpful unless I'm buying one of them! So will my reverse parking sensors, and Bluetooth handset all work through it or will them pieces have gone with the unit?
Muska
In: Candy White

Post by Muska »

Jaffa14 wrote:Cheers guys I know nothing about it and vw aren't really helpful unless I'm buying one of them! So will my reverse parking sensors, and Bluetooth handset all work through it or will them pieces have gone with the unit?
If you buy the real deal it shouldn't be a problem with that. Im curious myself if you really can trust ebay on this sort of thing?
Rob
In: Salsa Red
Options: Scirocco's gone!

Post by Rob »

WillVW on here was selling an rns510 that was taken out of his dad's golf vi, he's asking £400 collected.
Jaffa14

Post by Jaffa14 »

Thanks for the replies guys luckily the insurance are covering it despite having a 500 limit on audio equipment that I never knew about.
Jaffa14

Post by Jaffa14 »

Does anyone have any good ideas for deterring this type of crime I'm thinking of a few ideas including modifying a steering wheel lock so that it has a piece of metal covering access to the sat nav! It wouldn't make it impossible to steal but makes it more of a pain in the arse to do so which might make them think twice? I've seen these sat nav lock things I think they are called navi locks but I don't fancy huge bolts on my dash board! You can't have anything nice can you! I have also purchased a carbon steel live samurai sword! X